View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

re: Have anyone read...

The lotr/hobbit books?

I have been missing in action for sometime now..
My girlfriend purchased the last book in my small town of lord of the rings on book store for me to read on. (3 books on 1 book)
On my 2nd sick "season" I have read the book onto lothlorien.

so my question for the topic is, have anyone read the books?

I always think of the movie when im reading the book.
As for example I didnt hear of tom bombaldi from movie. I first heard from him on lotro. Now that i have read nearly the first book (fellowship of the ring)
I know lot more on the lore and im curious to read more.

For offtopic situation, I might be offline for month or 2 on lotro and on steam. I dunno when i will come back for now.
My heart isnt the strongest one.. If you dont hear from me in 3-6months you can kick me out.

Im not to say this as to scare you or to feel sorry for me. I just really like most of you (all of who goes on forums, some on ingame). I wanna play more lotro when i can and I hope I can some day of this year. I will pop on to forums time to time, if i can. As im pretty high on meds i will prob talk wierd or something...

I hope i stay in md, as i have been offline for quite some time.

(if theres any typos, im sorry for them, Thanks Happy )

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

yep read the books and otherwise no big , game and all will be here when you are. take care

The Almighty Pro

hey Inq, nice to hear you :D
hope you get better and no, don't worry, you've not been kicked (unless you too were involved in the Ram's accident like Flivo and Celebi, but doubt it).

Yes, I've read the Hobbit and LotR (up to The 2 Towers where Pippin looks in the Palantìr iirc, or probably a little further. Can't remember).

From what I recall, Tom Bombadill wasn't there in the film, but the was the Old Man Willow - in an extra (although mr. Jackson made it appear in Fangorn Forest rather than the Old Forest).

Of the films I really like when the actors talks in Quenya. Like Gandalf in Dol Guldur, in the Desolation of Smaug.

And really? Are you apologising for typos TO US? :D

The Almighty Pro

Hey Inq,

Get better mate, don't worry about the game, it will be here ;)

And yeah I've read pretty much eveything Tolkien wrote and the Lotr books are so much better than the movies imo, not saying the movies are bad, they are great if you forget the books exist. Still my favourite is the Silmarillion, altough it can be a bit of heavy reading.

The Undying

Hey Inq, really hope that you get better soon!

And like all the others have said, lotro'll be there when you are, unless turbine destroys it ...

And I'm a bit illiterate on the Lotr books, haven't read any..

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: