View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linlon
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

re: Atlantica Online

This has been my new favorite (obsession) for the past few days now

The gameplay happens mainly in a turn-based formation of 9 members in your group, there's 8 mercenaries you can hire at tops when main character reaches certain levels and you battle against other mobs in formation and can compete against other players in a free league where skill matters
And there's also skirmishes and missions that offer a variation to the normal battle style, it's like a chess game in a skirm, where you have to think where you move your battle-ready merc/main on that turn and then decide if to stay in guard, skip turn or attack :D On an mission you choose one of your mercs with your main and complete objectives in an instance, I haven't delved deeper into missions just yet. Happy

The exp gain in there is incredible and the social community! You can form an LDP - Long Distance Party - where you get exp from the kills your partymember does! And you gather information about various mobs, crafting skills, locations, npc's, once you've been to a town you can even teleport there O_O By using your 100% Will supply You use Will for teleporting, using exp books, improving in an attack skill, teaching your friend info about mobs or crafting and who knows what else! xD
I found a lovely helpful guild in there - Coalition - sure there's many others but this one's been so nice
Also the money making there is skyhigh, the best stuff (+10) in the market sell for tens of billions and even the +3 stuff are up for millions, which is pretty ridiculous Though a couple of guildies sent me trash items in mail, since receiving mails seemed to reset a bug off my group, and I sold those things for like one million a pop! Now I'm 70 million richer

I'm not excited, now am I? x)

Here's the link to mainpage of the website http://atlantica.nexon.net/

Oh! My toon's name is Aseirin, almost forgot xD She's a spearwoman and Hay's toon is *drumroll* Hayburn A swordsman :P

The Undying

The Undying

re: Re: Atlantica Online

Turn based MMORPG?! That sounds like madness.

That economy sounds a little broken though D: Do you make that much money from drops? and that LDP thing? That not just a super power leveling device?

The Undying

re: Re: Atlantica Online

Spamwise wrote:
Turn based MMORPG?! That sounds like madness.

That economy sounds a little broken though D: Do you make that much money from drops? and that LDP thing? That not just a super power leveling device?

Mob-formations drop soooooo little money like 500 gold per fight, and quests at lvl 30 ish grant like 15-20k per quest o.O and yes LDP is a super power leveling option :p Doesn't work when no one in the party fights
Btw it's based on the real-world map, it's even got a Helsinki in there o.O My quest area is now somewhere in Thailand

The Undying

The Undying

re: Atlantica Online

Gold there is really cheap, I got about 300 000 gold from questing to lvl 20. Levelcap is somewhere around 150 I think, and levelling was fast. Ridiculous to see lvl 1 jewellery sold for as much as one could ask for horse-lords gold item...

The powerlevelling issue aside, forming group of 5 characters you can control is interesting. You can choose melee, healers, range or different type of aoe mercanaries. How you place them on the field matters, sturdy melee classes to front row. Turns are about 15 seconds long and controlling multiple toons in that time doesn't make it tedious by far. And at least it's something completely different than lotro.

As Lin said our toon names, I say we are in Argos server tongue out

Jump to: