View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 1-2-3

Strangely this "other games" section is lacking a topic about Call of Duty franchise... Modern Warfare or Special ops...

I played call of duty back with CoD 1 etc...

Really came into the game with CoD 4 - Modern Warfare.

There is a lot to be said about the multiplayer- which i leave for another reply.
The game itself - single play - has 2 modes : Campaign and missions you can/need to unlock based on the campaign.

The campaign is epic. It is basically a feature film where you get to play several characters on a mission. Really involves you and drags you in...

I still remember the first mission you're on vividly... you get dropped on a ship to recover intelligence pieces. The ships rocks back and forth and you get a very dynamic setting. Once you recover the intelligence - the ship is attacked and starts to sink... an unexpected twist. You have to scramble out of the ship onto your chopper to escape or die in the pacific ocean. This really got my hands sweaty and my heart going... when you almost fell out of the chopper (scripted)... Here is a video (8min) of that mission... fun to watch

The rest of the storyline is as good as a decent action movie. With the exception you get to star in it... and shoot as well :P
Voice actors complete the scene by adding a lot of flavor to the mix.

Even the music in the game is top class... Hans Zimmer composed for the series already with CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - where he put some epic music in the game. (For those that don't know Hans Zimmer - he made the filmmusic for tons of movies : Pearl Harbour - Gladiator - Inception - Last Samurai - Pirates of the Caribian - Mission impossible to name a few... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001877/?ref_=sr_1)

The story line also caries across in the sequels. Just bought CoD : Modern Warfare 3 recently and some characters from the first 2 games still feature in it.

Great fun to go trough the campaign. Once done - i always retry on hard. then i go for the veteran difficulty with no room for error.

The series also brings you all across the globe... locations as the Favelas in Brazil - a siberian missile site - an oil platform in high sea that needs to be taken over - Paris / London / New York feature as well in it - Afganistan - Iran - Afrika - an aircraft carrier in the gulf .... a lot of variation.

Some missions let you ride around in a tank shooting on anything that moves. Or shoot from an AC-130 gunship with a howitser - 40mm cannon and a gatling gun on troops/vehicles/buildings supporting troops fighting there...

You also from time to time can take control of a Predator drone raining guided missiles on your opponents...

During your missions you can also swap weaponry with any you can pick up from dead adds. There are tons of different guns - ranging from shotguns to sub-machine guns - assault rifles - sniper rifles and machine guns.

Some missions require heavy firepower - others stealth and sneaky silent kills.

Any of you playing a CoD game ?

Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

I liked cod 4 the best. Then mw2. My fav mission was the sniper one in cod 4 where you had to sneak around.

Hated thhe Estate mission in mw2...those mines and random nades destroyed you....

Though I was really into the online play. I was about prestige 1 rank 35 for cod 4 and I think prestige rank 6 or 7 lvl 70 for mw2. I was really good in free for all where my average game was like 30-5 with m4/m16 . Wasnt too into the cheap guns (acr,famas,m21ebr,).

Though I did discover one man army pro nade spamming the first week the game came out. Then it became a disease.

Was also fun doing spec ops beating all with 3 stars. Some were hard. Mile High club on veteran in cod 4 was so hard........

Survival in mw3 is fun too. Lots of kiting and cornering.

Another good series was Medal of honor. MOH Tier One campaign was AMAZING... You got to do things like snipe miles with intervention/barett, gun for apaches, do night raids, RACE atvs in the Kandahar region. Just epic. Sux it had to go against bf and cod when it came out...

lololol
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Since you mention modern warfare then I'm probably going to go off topic since the first 2 call of duty were not modern warfare, and I love them, the first one is an absolut classic imo - but both are WWII themed.

Also played Word at war, again another CoD about WWII.

I did play a bit of the modern warfare ones, but not my type, I prefer WW games.

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:
Since you mention modern warfare then I'm probably going to go off topic since the first 2 call of duty were not modern warfare, and I love them, the first one is an absolut classic imo - but both are WWII themed.

I did play a bit of the modern warfare ones, but not my type, I prefer WW games.

Should have named it the CoD series instead wink

I loved the first one too... and CoD 2 with the landing in Normandy... epic...

I have the CoD 5 : world at war too... really liked it. Those freakin Jap banzai attacks were spooky and lethal (especially on hard).

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Bethollind wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

Should have named it the CoD series instead wink

I loved the first one too... and CoD 2 with the landing in Normandy... epic...

I have the CoD 5 : world at war too... really liked it. Those freakin Jap banzai attacks were spooky and lethal (especially on hard).

Doenst beat Medal of Honor Allied Assault desembarc on the normandy beach on D day, tryng to reach those towers...really epic moment!

Leerrrooooy

Oh god . U mean the snipers operating the mg nests? THEY WERE WAY TOO ACCURATE WITH DAT MG42! Sitting there mowing u down. I sat there sniping them one by one but they have infinite spawns.

Going around the bocage hunting panzers and flak 88 installations was fun in a nerve racking way.

I remember I ran out of ammo once and a german officer beat me to death with his luger :P

I got farmed....

MOH Rising Sun, MOH Airborn, COD Big red one COD finest Hour. Best of the series imo. Though MOH Tier One was also great I think. Best story of the modern warfare genre as it was about the individual characters and their small team. They take u all around Afghanistan. Very personal missions, typical spec ops as opposed to how cod 2/3 was setup. And physics were great too. Your weapons didnt look out of the box, they were worn and abused which looked sweet. And weapon damage was super high, u didnt need to sshoot someone with half ur mag in multiplayyer. All guns were cheap in that sense.

lololol
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: