View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Questions about BB

This one for the hardcore beta testers. Didn't really tried BB in beta ( barely played it) but saw some videos on youtube of a guy doing it solo, saw there's some objectives and stuff, but have a few questions for those who tried it:

How does rewards work? The more objectives the better reward?

Is there any kind of boss fight in raid sized groups?

Or any kind of fighting at all? Video I saw the guy just runs around completing objectives...

Any need for speficic classes in it like tank or a healer?

And sorry for lack of spacing, when writing on phone I do make spacing between these questions but apparently new forums don't accept those -.-

The Undying

They released dev diary on this, again oh- so informative :p

dev diary

Basically all you get inside BB is merits to fill different bars in the low section of this panel. When you complete any objective, you get merits based on how good you did that. If you protected the statue killing trolls before they damaged it, you get more merits. If you are busy with optional objecives letting too many soldiers and npc's die at the frontline, you get less merits from that one objective.

All objectives are daily. You can run instance all the time, and may get some of the other random objectives when you go. Kind of like how challenge quests worked back in Isengard.

When each of those bars is full, you get a reward. Gold (third one) has chance to drop teals and platinum gold items.

You can forward the points from bronze to silver, from silver to gold when you get the bar full, which seems rather good idea. Gold cannot be forwarded to platinum, so for the gold gear you need good amount of instances with rather clean finish.

I didn't run anything past duo, so can't really answer rest of questions. But LM with aoe heal from spirit pet and good amount of burst damage (reduced cooldowns ftw) was rather OP. Ability to heal soldiers is definetely an advantage, or else you might need to trait officer in BB tree and reduce healing and other order cooldowns. Or just shing-shing at at 2-3 points at almost the same time. tongue out

The Almighty Pro

Hmm don't get how you fill the bars, is it just in one run to fill as much as you can or you have to run same multiple times to try and fill it to max? Is it daily and then bars get reset?

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:
Hmm don't get how you fill the bars, is it just in one run to fill as much as you can or you have to run same multiple times to try and fill it to max? Is it daily and then bars get reset?

Bars don't reset, and filling them takes multiple runs. Maby can about to fill lowest tier bar(s) if you do very clean run completing every objective good. Platinum bar takes significantly longer. Not sure how group size would affect this.

When any of bars comes full, and if you don't have forwarding selected (lowest 2 tiers) an item appears in your bag/overflow.

Now that i think of it, i got very little relics doing these. Seems wierd, if that's gonna be the case, then... Saammyy~~

The Almighty Pro

Hmm so isn't just a matter of time till everyone gets gold? From what I understood ppl just need to fill the bars to get a chance at a gold item... So with time and luck doesn't everyone get gold items? -.- Read dev diary, not really much info there...

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:
Hmm so isn't just a matter of time till everyone gets gold? From what I understood ppl just need to fill the bars to get a chance at a gold item... So with time and luck doesn't everyone get gold items? -.- Read dev diary, not really much info there...

I guess so, guess it depends on how steep the gradient is as to how much that matters.  It's not like erebor where you just need to do Sammy to get stuff, here you have to do these big battles which are hopefully quite difficult so if you're a chump you'll progress so slowly that it'd encourage people to actually get good.

The Undying

Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

I guess so, guess it depends on how steep the gradient is as to how much that matters.  It's not like erebor where you just need to do Sammy to get stuff, here you have to do these big battles which are hopefully quite difficult so if you're a chump you'll progress so slowly that it'd encourage people to actually get good.

I haven't checked the reward system so much in detail to say. But the fact they do have daily cooldown means you cant farm the easy one all over again. In current sammy farms those who have time to play win in any case, not much depending on the skill since they can just farm sammy and gather gold to buy symbols. Now that strategy won't work as good. So as spam said, i too believe this is more rewarding system than 85 things are.

The Almighty Pro

Guess it depends on the difficulty level to find out if its a better reward system or not. Daily cooldown on what? The number of times you can run an instance? If everyone will be doing this and this isn't an actual raid/instance what's the point of having tanks, healers or even dps for that mather? Lol Just roll a class, play it randomly, as long as you are skilfull enough to do BBs you get gear, but kind hard to see why we should focus on a specific roll if they aren't scaling instances... Maybe the skirms are scaled to farm for SA symbols?

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:
Guess it depends on the difficulty level to find out if its a better reward system or not. Daily cooldown on what? The number of times you can run an instance? If everyone will be doing this and this isn't an actual raid/instance what's the point of having tanks, healers or even dps for that mather? Lol Just roll a class, play it randomly, as long as you are skilfull enough to do BBs you get gear, but kind hard to see why we should focus on a specific roll if they aren't scaling instances... Maybe the skirms are scaled to farm for SA symbols?

um.. I wrote that objectives can only be done once a day, each one of them. Can run all you want but no objectives after you do them. side objectives are random and there are many of them so can get reward of reruns few times but it'll be less since you can't get primary objective quest anymore. Like challenge quests in isengard.

And i never said there won't be scaled instances. Just that if the loot gets scaled up as it is scaling now, it might be unefective compared to the new loot from BB and crafted items that have lots of vita.

Any further speculation on class roles, gear and how to get geared the best way is out of my knowledge, as i didn't raid big battles :p

The Almighty Pro

I know you didn't Hay, turbine did, they said no scaling instances (not sure where I read that) and recently read on their twitter they wouldn't make any new instances. I misunderstood about cooldowns, didn't read it was the objectives that went on cd, that's clarified ;)

The Undying

Diary about reward systems:

Developer Diary: Epic Battles - Merit and Medals

I'm still rather certain the current scaling instances will be scaled to 95. But yes, no new instances coming other than big battles.

Jump to: