View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Officer

Officer

The role of the officer is pretty standard regardless of what battle you are in. The roles are as follows.

Rank 0

This is the Commander UI

Issuing Heal Orders To Commanders. Anyone can order a Commander to Heal themselves and their Soldiers. But the Officer Promotion Tree has traits that will shorten the cooldown and increase the power of these orders.
Issuing Haste Orders To Commanders. Anyone can order a Commander to command their Soldiers to fight with Haste. But the Officer Promotion Tree has traits that will shorten the cooldown and increase the power of these orders.
Issuing Damage Orders To Commanders. Anyone can order a Commander to command their Soldiers to deal higher Damage. But the Officer Promotion Tree has traits that will shorten the cooldown and increase the power of these orders.

Rank 1

Order Armour Stances. You obtain the ability to order Shield Stance, Siege Armor and Arrow Volley Armour stances. This can be handy as there are times where your soldiers will take more damage based on enemies, arrow volleys or enemy catapults.

Rank 2

Set Soldier Target Priority. You obtain the ability to set target priority to Archers or Warriors.
Able to Set Vanguard and Engineer Banners down. These banners will enhance everyone's Engineering or Vanguard contributions. You can also trait to enhance these banners and shorten the cooldown between banner placements.

Rank 3

Set Soldiers to Two Handed Weapons Stance. This is a marked increase in their damage output. It is very good to place on Commanders where you need extra help.
Set Soldier Target Priority. You obtain the ability to set target priority to Sappers or Berserkers.
Moderate Initial Heal Order Power Increases.

Rank 4

Set Soldier Target Priority. You obtain the ability to set target priority to Commanders.
Increase Range you can deploy your Banners.
Increase Duration of Heal, Haste, Armour and Damage Orders by 5 seconds.

Rank 5

Increase Area of Effect of Banners.
Adds Heal to Corruption Removal.
Increase Duration of Heal, Haste, Armour and Damage Orders by 10 seconds.

Rank 6

Moderate Initial Heal Order Power Increases.
Adds an Initial Heal to Banner placement.
Increase Duration of Heal, Haste, Armour and Damage Orders by 10 seconds.

Leerrrooooy

re: Officer

How I play officer is switching buffing/healing/etc

Whenever things are off cooldown, I switch to Officer, use them then switch back to engineer. That seems to work the best atm. Probably even more so during raids. The ability to do engineer roles while mid cooldowns for officer is pretty nice. Not sure if they will fix switching roles or not in the future.

The ability to heal and buff your troops often is helpful as if you dont pay attention to them, they will sometimes die. 

Stances: I set them to offensive- 2H in most cases as they do alot more damage. Though at times when I really need to pay attention elsewhere, I set them to defensive so they take less damage and tends to be safer for the heal switching.

Target priority: I always set to target Sappers because those buggers will ninja your banners and burn them. One less thing you have to worry about during the fight,otherwise you have to constantly track your banners to make sure they are not in need of repairs. I've failed Full Plat runs before on the main quest because ONE banner was burned and was literally 1 point from full platinum.

Armor Stances: If you play it right- Engineers keeping the enemy catapults in check- as well as switch healing/buffing every few minutes, these dont really matter. I havent had to pay much attention to it so far and hasnt been severely penalized for it. 

lololol
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Epic Battles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: