View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Update 13: coming soon

Ladies and Gentlemen. Kids and grown-up (bah, nevermind, we're all kids afterall, right? wink ).
Turbine has proudly announced that there will soon be a 13th update to the game, coming more or less with the 7th Lotro anniversary.

Here we go:

Aaron Campbell wrote:

A Letter from Executive Producer Aaron Campbell

Hello all! I’m Aaron “Rowan” Campbell, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online.*

Update 13 (and LOTRO’s 7th Anniversary) are coming up soon (He said it! Not me!- Sapience). There is a long list of new features with U13, but I want to highlight some of the key items and the great folks that are working on them.

-Epic Book: We’re going to Flooded Isengard! MadeofLions has put together an epic experience, where you finally get to experience life as an Ent.

-North Downs: This is a vast and classic region. Budgeford is digging in to modernize and improve the space, much like she’s done in the past with Moria.

-Fangorn Forest: Quickbeam needs your help! JWBarry has led the charge to build out new quests in Southern Fangorn, including a special friend you might earn.

In addition, mail will now support multiple attachments. VIPs will be able to open mail in the wilderness through your mail alert. Inventory is getting entirely new management options (does it mean "farewell Hugebag plugin"? :D). And we have a new prototype of Hobnangians* that we expect to release later this year.

As Kate mentioned, we’re pressing forward to Gondor! We’re digging in deep (but not too deep) to continue the journey through Middle-earth. I look forward to telling you more about our plans for 2014 and into 2015 in the near future.

Rowan

For those that remember me, I’ve been with LOTRO since 2006. I stepped away over the last year to run Dungeons and Dragons Online. Now I’m back in Middle-earth and thrilled to be working with the LOTRO team again.

Executive Producer
The Lord of the Rings Online™

Seems that the things will go for the better Happy

For those that do not know what Hobnangians is, have you ever looked at the soccer field in Bree festival grounds area and wondered what was that for? Well, it was for a "mini-game" that was available during the days of Shadows of Angmar. After a while it was closed due to problems.
It was basically a game of soccer football where the ball is instead a chicken, afterwards called "chicken ball".
Here is a picture of the game that has been tried in Beta by the devs (and available at the Lotro Facebook page).

Forum Image

The Undying

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH wooooooooowwww~~.... Finally something actually worth waiting for O_O

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Linlon wrote:
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH wooooooooowwww~~.... Finally something actually worth waiting for O_O

Meh risk sounding bitter but i disagree, its just a few candies, we need a whole cake to get players to come back (maybe a server merge?). Imo those news are worth a visit, not the stay.

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:
Linlon wrote:

Meh risk sounding bitter but i disagree, its just a few candies, we need a whole cake to get players to come back (maybe a server merge?). Imo those news are worth a visit, not the stay.

"... some of the key items..." the year is still long and full of updates. Let's not forget it might not be easy for them as well to please the tastes of all.
Don't be so pessimistic wink to me the reintroduction of "chicken ball" is a good sign meaning that the gears have started moving again towards the accuracy to the little things rather than the "let's pull out new content asap even if it has millions of bugs".

The Almighty Pro

Simone B. wrote:
Hildorth wrote:
Linlon wrote:

"... some of the key items..." the year is still long and full of updates. Let's not forget it might not be easy for them as well to please the tastes of all.
Don't be so pessimistic wink to me the reintroduction of "chicken ball" is a good sign meaning that the gears have started moving again towards the accuracy to the little things rather than the "let's pull out new content asap even if it has millions of bugs".

I agree they should stop with new content for a while and fix the game but i fail to see where a event is a sign of anything... to me its just going astray from the real issues. Good news is that they finally found a way for the postman to deliver more items at same time:P

But until they fix the dps, introduce some actual end game content i doubt ill be back into lotro except for visiting and i hear population is becoming a problem,they might have way to many servers.

Jump to: