Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Help and Info
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

re: Plugins

LOTRO has a large number of plugins that can be used to enhance your gaming experience, what follows is a list of some of the most used plugins and what they're for, along with a link to where you can download them.

They all come from http://www.lotrointerface.com/ where you can go in search of more.

Combat Analysis

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html

Probably the most used plugin, this will give you all manner of information about your DPS, critical hit rate, miss percentage along with how much damage you've taken and how much you were healed.

It is incredibly useful for comparing different skill rotations to help you use them to their best effect. And more importantly to gloat about impressive stats as it can directly link to chat.

HugeBag

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info554-HugeBag.html

This consolidates all your existing bags into one manageable bag so that collectively they take up less room and you may find it easier to know where you left something.

AltInventory

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info414-AltInventory.html

This lets you see every item held by any alt be it in bags, vaults or shared storage. This can be invaluable if you're an altoholic and constantly losing items on other characters. Can save an awful lot of time switching around.

Palantir

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info377-Palantir.html

Places information about morale/power and various wounds in the center of the screen so it's more visable without obscuring too much of the view. You can place some skills and pots onto it so that they're potentially easier to click on if times is of the essence.

Lotropad

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=369

This allows you to quickly write down any information that you want to remember, can be useful for to do lists, information about crafting (I personally forget everything I'm doing when I switch characters) and all manner of other things.

LOTROCompendium

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info526-LOTROCompendium.html

This is basically an ingame LOTRO wiki giving you all the information on deeds in specific areas, information about quest prerequisites, locations and rewards as well as information about the best gear for your level and class.

Buffbars

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-BuffBars.html

This puts an extra bar on the screen that lets you know about buffs and debuffs that are on you without having to spend your whole time staring at the vitals bar. It also gives clear indication of cooldowns on pots so you know easily if you have time to pot a wound or not.

There are many more out there including various UI skins in case you're bored of the default ones and some that are good. A lot of them are a work in progress so could potentially be unreliable, it's wise to read the known issues and such on the plugins page so you're prepared and maybe check back every now and again for updates.

Feel free to add more Plugins you find that would be useful as this is nowhere near an extensive list, just a few that I use, and a couple that I haven't, but mean to try out.

The Undying

re: Re: Plugins

Spamwise wrote:

Buffbars

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-BuffBars.html

This puts an extra bar on the screen that lets you know about buffs and debuffs that are on you without having to spend your whole time staring at the vitals bar. It also gives clear indication of cooldowns on pots so you know easily if you have time to pot a wound or not.

I find this especially useful on my warden. I made one window for debuffs, placing it to more noticable spot and other with heals and tanking buffs in it. All buffs -trigger seems annoyingly useless in fellowships with loads of buffs so i went to a training dummy, and when I did my heals I right clicked the buff name in all buffs -list -> add trigger. Then I removed all buffs, and got left with only those that I am interested about.

Another good thingy out there:
Moormap

This is rezisable map of just about every region and biggest caves/dungeons with quest NPC's, points of interest and other map markings in it. I use this when doing discovery deeds.
One flaw in it is that you have to type /loc for the map to update your position. Create shortcut for it and then it's better. (mean: /shortcut 1 /loc while 1 being the first slot in toolbars, can be moved later.)

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info532-MoorMap.html

The Almighty Pro

Another important thing is that Compendium and Moormap CAN work together. So if you press a coordinate in compendium (e.g. In a discovery deed), moormap opens and show you where that location is.
As far as I recall the latest version of HugeBag has a function similar to AltInventory, that makes you see the shared and non shared storage of all your toons.
Another plugin I use is WardenEase2 on the warden. I never remember all the Gambits ^^ This plugin creates 3 bars with all the gambits you know divided by type (spear, shield, fist). If you click on one of them in another bar you'll have the sequence which is fully clickable. It's good if you are still learning. Also placing your mouse pointer on the gambit will give you a nice tooltip for that skill.

The Almighty Pro

Use one on my mini called Minstrel Buffs iirc (will link it when at home) and its a like a basic version of Buff Bars just for mini anthems, easy to judge how long a anthem has left.

Also used Raid assistant for a while, was nice to order rolls for skraids for example and also has a black list that warns you if anyone on your no fellow black list joins your group. Stoped using it cause it made me lag bad back at U9, not sure now.

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:
Use one on my mini called Minstrel Buffs iirc (will link it when at home) and its a like a basic version of Buff Bars just for mini anthems, easy to judge how long a anthem has left.

I use the buffbars for the anthems... but with all other junk that spawns on that bar while raiding - it is tough to see sometimes what anthem is up for refreshing...

Seems obvious to know - but while healing / evading adds&puddles - keeping track isnt easy...
Am interessed in this minnie buff bar...

Hayburn
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Bethollind wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

I use the buffbars for the anthems... but with all other junk that spawns on that bar while raiding - it is tough to see sometimes what anthem is up for refreshing...

Seems obvious to know - but while healing / evading adds&puddles - keeping track isnt easy...
Am interessed in this minnie buff bar...

I use minstrelbuff also. But rule for me in buffbars is: never, ever ever, have All Buffs -trigger selected. I only have debuffs and selected buffs like i told earlier - no 20 cm long list of buffs.

There's the link for hild:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info626-MinstrelBuff.html

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Looking at the printscreens - i already love it!

Downloading as we speak...

As i only use buffbars on my minnie - no reason to tweak them for me :-) just gonna get rid of them...

Hayburn
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Bethollind wrote:
Looking at the printscreens - i already love it!

Downloading as we speak...

As i only use buffbars on my minnie - no reason to tweak them for me :-) just gonna get rid of them...

Well, the setup is per character. I made it on minstrel for times i were healing BfE with 2 minis in one group - Fellowship's Heart and other aoe heal-over-time buffs are easier to spot and avoid using at the same time with the other one.

The Undying

How to install plugin

You can do all this with game open, no need to close it.

Open folder in C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online". This is the folder that should have all screenshots in it by default.

Create there new folder and name it Plugins

Load plugins from web, the file you get is zip file. Open it and move all the contents to the plugins folder.

Go to game. Type in chatbox /plugins manager. Click refresh (green arrows). Select plugin and click load.

You can also set it to load automatically for selected toons.

The Almighty Pro

Hayburn wrote:
How to install plugin

You can do all this with game open, no need to close it.

Open folder in C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online". This is the folder that should have all screenshots in it by default.

Create there new folder and name it Plugins

Load plugins from web, the file you get is zip file. Open it and move all the contents to the plugins folder.

Go to game. Type in chatbox /plugins manager. Click refresh (green arrows). Select plugin and click load.

You can also set it to load automatically for selected toons.

Theres also a plug in manager on the screen where you select your toon, can manage plugins from there and also in game instead of typing, press that little upward arrow on down left side to bring up menu, then system - plugin manager.

Leerrrooooy

i alias plugins manager/unload refresh so i donthave to type the whole command

alias ;pm /plugins manager
alias ;pu /plugins unload
alias ;pr /plugins refresh

then ofc you can alias individual plugins as you wish.Too bad they limit us to 50.they are pretty useful. I wasgonna make a plugin that would invite last group for when you are running instances.

Anyway, not sure if anyone else uses windows 8, but I couldnt get my CA to work on this new laptop... -.-

lololol
Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

Sorry this sounds rather stupid but are these safe from viruses and stuff?

Im hugely sceptical about these, because before lotro I played other game wich had huge problem on account theft.

Perhaps only plugins I would want is the renow bar (wich shows comm, how much till rank etc) combat analysis and the buff bars.
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Inzz wrote:
Sorry this sounds rather stupid but are these safe from viruses and stuff?

Im hugely sceptical about these, because before lotro I played other game wich had huge problem on account theft.

Perhaps only plugins I would want is the renow bar (wich shows comm, how much till rank etc) combat analysis and the buff bars.

There might be some plugins out on the internet that are viruses, but I'd say on the whole, if they're on LOTRO interface then they're safe. Especially if they're ones that have been downloaded by many people.

Leerrrooooy

Most basic plugins to use are Tonic Bars,Combat Analysis and Buff Bars.
For hunter and burg I use a swapper plugin.

Be careful with combat analysis and buff bars though. They can reduced your fps ingame.

lololol
Linlon
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Patriotpea wrote:
Most basic plugins to use are Tonic Bars,Combat Analysis and Buff Bars.
For hunter and burg I use a swapper plugin.

Be careful with combat analysis and buff bars though. They can reduced your fps ingame.

Buff Bars is the worst from those two, on cappy for example I've changed the options on the plugin to not show names of the stuff on cooldown, helps alot. Could also try adding triggers to blacklist or so.. *mutters so lazy..*
Never heard of tonic bars though.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: