View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: The Witcher

Anyone played the Witcher games?

As you may have noticed, some of my toons names are inspired by the main character: Geralt of Rivia, the Withewolf.

Anyway those are amazing games both of them, played the first one about 5 or 6 times when it came out.

Also read all the books i could find translated into english, theres also a dodgy polish series about it,not very good,

Yeah this game comes from Jas country and its really worth to play it imo!

Last edited by Ulthanfric on Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Leerrrooooy

re: Re: The Witcher

Hildorth wrote:
Anyone played the Witcher games?

As you may have noticed, some of my toons names are inspired by the main character: Geralth of Rivia, the Withewolf.

Anyway those are amazing games both of them, played the first one about 5 or 6 times when it came out.

Also read all the books i could find translated into english, theres also a dodgy polish series about it,not very good,

Yeah this game comes from Jas country and its really worth to play it imo!

The games were amazing, so detailed and the worlds were beautiful. Geralth of Rivia is a very memorable character

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Its a great game really, a bit underrated as well, most people talk about the big ones like elder scrolls and ignore this gem.

The Undying

I've seen it being played, but I didn't really like it enough to play it. Seemed way too complicated for my liking and incredibly difficult combatwise as you need to meditate before every fight yet most of the fights are sprung on you without any time to prepare.

Looked good though and it's storyline was one of the most complex I've seen with choices that genuinely effect the story not just make it look slightly different like in some games.

I might play 3 though, It's open world intrigues me and I hope they've nerfed the meditation or at least let you do it in combat.

The Almighty Pro

Meditation is not really mandatory, altough at harder levels you need to prepare for tougher fights and take speficic potions.

Combat system seems more complicated than it actually is, when you get used to it it actually has a lot od depth.

The second game initial release lacked a good tutorial, but they release a enhanced edition which is really much better.

The Almighty Pro

I remember we had a discussion about how to pronounce Geralt (like garden or like gym) so, I've checked and....

*drumrolls*

Like garden :D

The Almighty Pro

Tinudraen wrote:

I remember we had a discussion about how to pronounce Geralt (like garden or like gym) so, I've checked and....

*drumrolls*

Yeah you pronounce it "Grrrr" :P

Leerrrooooy

Ya i got the 2nd one on steam not to long ago, reminded me of another game i loved for pc *cant remember, its 3am* not entirely sure if i like the combo system though :/

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Tinudraen
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:
Tinudraen wrote:

*drumrolls*

Yeah you pronounce it "Grrrr" :P

Well, it's either that or saying "Ger" with my R and everytime I talk without putting an effort into the accent (foriegn) people look at me weird :D

And it brings an edge to your toon... Grrrhilda the mighty pirate :D

Jump to: