View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: Favorite Game

What is everyones favorite game

My favorite game of all time is Zelda Ocarina of Time, I dont think anything else will ever top it.

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

naming the favorite game is impossible... but i'll give you a top 5

in random order!!

* Sid Meyers Civilisation series : been fan from civ 1 up to Civ 5. although civ 5 doesnt really do it for me anymore... also played colonisation and some lookalikes.

* total War : empire / Napoleon - looking forward to Rome II. Controling troops on the battlefield - defending / attacking - seeing the fights... epic...

* Battlefield series : played BF1942 - BF2 - BF3... an FPS game cannot miss in my list - played so many. But i like battlefield best. Closely followed by CoD series / MoH series.... Real online play was 90% done with battlefield though

* Lotro : been playing so much it cannot not be on the list. The amount of ingame time is ... sickening... if you think about it...

* Starcraft II. Although this spot is equally shared by 2 competitors : Command and Concer series + Warcraft 1/2/3 + Starcraft 1/2.

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Yeah also hard for me to choose just one:

Sonic and Golden Axe on Sega Megadrive

Championship Manager/Football Manager series on the PC

The first Grand Theft Auto on PC

Medal of Honor Allied Assault on PC

Metal Gear Solid on PSone

The very first FIFA that came out for Megadrive around 1993/94

Rise of Nations on PC

Heavy Rain on PS3

Red Dead Redemption on PS3

The Witcher 1 and 2 on PC

Diablo 2 on PC

Chrono Trigger on SNES (never owned one but played later on PC with a emulator)

And ofc Lotro,

Im sure im forgeting something, those are just out of the top of my head.

The Almighty Pro

Forgot to mention Doom, how could i forget to mention this classic? Shame on me!

The Undying

Hard to pick a true favourite, so many games are great in their own right. I generally love games that make you think, with puzzles and or by making you think about your actions.

Ocarina of Time has to be up there, must have played it a good dozen times when I was younger, a couple of times even made it past the water temple!

I also loved Skyward Sword, and Links Awakening on the gameboy though I always got lost in the mountains trying to find the seventh temple and rage quit.

The Half Life series are also fantastic, no other FPS has ever come close to it IMO, can't go a few weeks without daydreaming about how good it would be if Half Life 3 and/or Half Life 2 Episode 3 existed.

Portal and Portal 2 are also amazing, often go back to Portal 2 to play some custom maps that come out.

The Walking Dead is another favourite, no game has ever made me care so deeply for an NPC as that did.

Mass Effect 3 I loved as well, many hated the ending thanks to a complete misunderstanding that the final few minutes were the only ones that mattered, but I personally loved it, I hadn't played the first two but the game made me care enough about the characters to make me play it three times in quick succession to try and save as many people as I could.

Probably should mention LOTRO as well :D Probably hard to believe but I'm not a fan of RPGs, I can't be bothered to spend weeks just rearranging my inventory but the sucked me in and won't let me go :D

I play through steam so I know the exact amount of time I've spent on it and that's a number, like my champ's tactical mitigation that's better off not mentioned.

Ph, and Rollercoaster Tycoon 2. Love that game.

The Almighty Pro

Cant believe i forgot Half Life! Funny story, found half life 2 by accident, was part of some game bundle i got, once i tried it i couldnt stop till i was done and got the first one and the episodes!

Also forgot to mention Silent Hill on the PSone. Only game that managed to scare the shit out of me,i did play it in the dark with headphones, but still:P

And speaking of tycoons i was addicted to Zoo Tycoon for a while and Theme Hospital!

The Undying

Conversation I have way too often:

"Halo's the greatest game ever made."

"Have you played Half Life?"

"What's Half Life."

"..."

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Conversation I have way too often:

"Halo's the greatest game ever made."

"Have you played Half Life?"

"What's Half Life."

"..."

IKR!

Leerrrooooy

legend of the dragoons...ps1 with 4 disks......4 DISKS!!!

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Unreal Tournament - several maps jump to mind where i spend an awefull long time having fun.

Somehow the weapons in this game "feel" right... Plays smooth - pretty decent graphics - and runs on any recent computer without a glitch (recent = last 5-6 years).

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

GoldenEye 007 on the N64.

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:

Chrono Trigger on SNES (never owned one but played later on PC with a emulator)

I have played Chrono trigger for PS1 on the PSP with an emulator. It's wonderfull.

Nerglor wrote:
legend of the dragoons...ps1 with 4 disks......4 DISKS!!!

Also Final Fantasy VIII had 4 disks \o/ wonderful as well :D

My favourite games are the Pokemon series (up to Emerald, which means Green-Blue/Red/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) also involving Pokemon Stadium for Nintendo 64 and Kingdom Hearts. Nothing beats Kingdom Hearts tongue out

Squishy

I only got into gaming recently via my nephew, so basicly these are all the games I ever played ^^

Rome: Total War - still my favorite game, imo better than all of its followers. Also like Med2 but didn't really like Empire and Napoleon. Shogun2 was better tho.

Civ5 - never heard of the series before civ5, but I absolutely loved the game and I'll try the other ones too probably.

SC:BW and SC2: Love watching it! GOGO Bisu!

LoL: Fun to play with friends, also fun to watch.

Also played a lot of other RTS's, like Rise of Nations and Age of Empires. (still have AoE1 with disks Happy)

Glass Cannon

As a kid I was more into building things with Legos and reading than gaming, but I had a few that are part of my childhood/teenage years <3

King's Quest V
Sierra On-Line, old-school, horrible graphics, annoying, amazing. I saw my dad playing it and I had to try it. Doubly hard for me because all the riddles and stuff were in English, and I only had about 4 years of elementary school English under my belt at the time. Eventually I got the box set and played all seven of them (KQVI was the best!).

Age of Empires I/II/Conqueror's Expansion
Another one that I saw my dad play and had to try myself. I played II more than I, and holy crap if it didn't take me forever to win the Joan of Arc campaign! I still remember the random French phrases those soldiers would say when you clicked on them. twisted

Battle For Middle Earth I/II/Rise of the Witch King
My first LOTR related game. LOVE IT. That moment when you finally have enough points to summon Tom Bombadil and watch him dance some orcs to death...awwww yeah.

And the best of all is LOTRO. Obviously.

Eomerea
Officer
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

Hildorth wrote:
Forgot to mention Doom, how could i forget to mention this classic? Shame on me!

Shame on you!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: