Glass Cannon

re: Elder Scrolls: Online

Nuff said. Discuss.
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

no, they said i had an excellent chance to beta test it, no email back about it :< evil people

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Nerglor wrote:
no, they said i had an excellent chance to beta test it, no email back about it :< evil people

Same here! Teasers!

The Undying

I was going to sign up for Beta, but then they asked me why i deserved it and I realised i didn't so stopped.

Anyway, I'm very intrigued by the game but some things about it seem like madness. For instance it doesn't truly have classes, you level up the bits you want like in Skyrim so I imagine come raid time you'll have 12 heavy armour wearing, magic using, stealty healers.

Its PVP made me write it off instantly. I despise PVP in a game like this, I'm bad at it generally nevermind when you have top leveled, fully geared, fully skilled folks running around ganking all the newbies. Also every character will have stealth which will make it a laugh riot. However, if the server is as intelligent as I read it was it'll mean if you do meet an enemy player, they won't want to kill you either.

Glass Cannon

Spamwise wrote:
I was going to sign up for Beta, but then they asked me why i deserved it and I realised i didn't so stopped.

Anyway, I'm very intrigued by the game but some things about it seem like madness. For instance it doesn't truly have classes, you level up the bits you want like in Skyrim so I imagine come raid time you'll have 12 heavy armour wearing, magic using, stealty healers.

Its PVP made me write it off instantly. I despise PVP in a game like this, I'm bad at it generally nevermind when you have top leveled, fully geared, fully skilled folks running around ganking all the newbies. Also every character will have stealth which will make it a laugh riot. However, if the server is as intelligent as I read it was it'll mean if you do meet an enemy player, they won't want to kill you either.

Lol I think you read a really old post or something.

First off, there's no big raids/instances (might change). It's more of a solo-ing style but with the ability to group up to four people to plunder a dungeon and what not.

There are four classes. Warrior, Some kind of tank, mage, and some assassin class. All the classes can wear all armor but of course there's going to be different pros and cons to this depending on class. Mana regen, armor ratins, etc.

PvP is only in one area, Cyrodil. And there's different kinds of PvP. Capture the Elder Scroll, Become emperor, etc. It's really turning out to be a good game. Just from what I've read.
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:
Nerglor wrote:

Same here! Teasers!

Same here... the nubheads...

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

It was a while ago that I read anything about it. Read some stuff then decided to wait until they released how much it cost before finding out any more.

The Almighty Pro

So was reading the Guildlaunch newsletter (anyone reads those?) and this stand out:

But the biggest console MMO news was no doubt the revelation that The Elder Scrolls Online will be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.

Leerrrooooy

Hildorth wrote:
So was reading the Guildlaunch newsletter (anyone reads those?) and this stand out:

But the biggest console MMO news was no doubt the revelation that The Elder Scrolls Online will be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.

I wonder if its gonna be one big network with people from all platforms able to game together (that would be cool), otherwise i dont see a mmorpg being very popular on xbox or playstation.

Has anyone received a beta invitation yet?

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Mr.Shoe wrote:

I wonder if its gonna be one big network with people from all platforms able to game together (that would be cool), otherwise i dont see a mmorpg being very popular on xbox or playstation.

I would expect it to be huge on all platforms, I think the main reason mmorpgs haven't appeared on consoles before was that they need a whole keyboard to play with the need for dozens of quickslots but TES seems to be doing it differently enough to not need many keys.

Though I fear that with the market split three ways it would be spread too thin to be hugely successful. Unless you're right that the platforms would play together at which point the only real issue would be certain platforms providing an advantage on the PVP front.

I heard that Battlefield 3 was planning on having all consoles play together but that would never work as someone with a pad wouldn't stand a chance against someone with a mouse but if the combat is similar to LOTRO where the game targets enemies for you I imagine it'd work.

Leerrrooooy

Spamwise wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

I would expect it to be huge on all platforms, I think the main reason mmorpgs haven't appeared on consoles before was that they need a whole keyboard to play with the need for dozens of quickslots but TES seems to be doing it differently enough to not need many keys.

Though I fear that with the market split three ways it would be spread too thin to be hugely successful. Unless you're right that the platforms would play together at which point the only real issue would be certain platforms providing an advantage on the PVP front.

I heard that Battlefield 3 was planning on having all consoles play together but that would never work as someone with a pad wouldn't stand a chance against someone with a mouse but if the combat is similar to LOTRO where the game targets enemies for you I imagine it'd work.

Very interesting ideas

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

been to 2 beta tests for the game, overall impression is not the greatest but i skipped the last one because of my impression from the previous 2. it could of gotten better tho

Ernormur
Tin Can

Tin Can

I have also been in 2 beta tests for it, including the last one. It is getting much better. The crafting system is great. I like being able to deconstruct the different weapons and armor in the game to get crafting supplies and style parts. I can't wait for the game to launch. Going to pre-order the game when I get my taxes back and then wait til the end of March (pre-order gets 5 days early access). Seems really interesting, but I have yet to be able to start the pvp portion of it (it got borked in the last beta and noone could get in). Hopefully I will also get an invite for the next beta session. Graphix are outstanding and gameplay is a lot of fun.

Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Welcome back to the ESO beta! You've been invited to participate in a beta event from Friday, February 7th at 12:00PM EST until Monday, February 10th at 11:59PM EST. You'll be able to play any characters you created during the last test, and they'll all be available again when we send you an invitation to our next test.

------------

Net beta test run coming on - anyone interessed to participate ? cannot myself...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: