View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: Xbox360vsPS3vsComputervsOther

Let the Debate Rage of which is the best gaming console

Well to start it off Xbox360 looks the best out of any gaming device.

Has the biggest online community

Fantastic user interface

Fantastic list of exclusive games and benefits

And last, well thats easy HALO

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Having been a hardcore console gamer years ago, ive found that the xbox online community tends to have hardcore gamers more than psn. Competitiveness of players are much higher on the xbox.

Though I prefer pc gaming. If your system can handle it. If you find console fun, pc version is better on alot of games. Take First person shooters like bf3 for example. Console supports 32 players while pc supports 64. Another note is that using mouse is much more precise not sure if you guys ever played counter strike. Cross flatform and pc gamers would domi/ate. Though some games I prefer on console like racing/flying games. pc just lacks same console gaming capabilities.
take wii for example. Nothing like farming your friends with a triple red shell :D

lololol
Eomerea
Officer
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

PC has better graphics and I think better online. Online for PC is usually free except in cases like MMOs. Plus you can just plug an xbox 360 into a PC to use on racing games and what not.
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Tbh this is a bit of a pointless debate, evey gaming system has its pros and cons. I own a PS3 and im very happy with it.

Cant compare to xbox online but community is friendly and competitive enough in the games i play online ( mostly sports games).

Has awesome exclusives also like Gof of War, Killzone, Heavy Rain or Gran Turismo.

Online is free, just own the game, connect to psn and play it.

Still i prefer PC for most RPGs, altough Fallout works nice on PS3, strategy games or FPS. MMOs only on PC, no question, has the more choice anyway. Tried DC Universe on PS3 and always felt ankward playing it with a controller.

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Hildorth wrote:
Tbh this is a bit of a pointless debate,

True... PC wins... hands down...

although i'd liked to have Halo on pc as well wink

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Bethollind wrote:
Hildorth wrote:
Tbh this is a bit of a pointless debate,

True... PC wins... hands down...

although i'd liked to have Halo on pc as well wink

Theres Half Life for PC, why would need Halo? O.o

Leerrrooooy

Half life and counter strike are like...... Legendary status for pc now. Ill spar jas one day in cs so I can farm him with the awp. Team fortress 2 is also great.

Rise of nations,age of empires,command and conquer,civilization,company of heroes,those are among my fav pc games.

Though my first online game was...runescape. That was like 10 years ago. Was a crappy mechanic game but it was unique and fun in its own way. Its the reason I got into mmo games

lololol
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Patriotpea wrote:

Though my first online game was...runescape. That was like 10 years ago. Was a crappy mechanic game but it was unique and fun in its own way. Its the reason I got into mmo games

agree with that.

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

I was going to write this on the Xbox 360 post but thought that'd better to be a nice positive place. But as you've made this post I can go all out \o/

I literally don't understand why anyone buys an Xbox or Playstation. With the exception of a few exclusive games there doesn't seem to be any true benefit over a PC.

PCs might cost more in general, but they're a better investment as they don't go obsolete after a few years, their parts will but it's cheaper to buy a new graphics card than it is to buy a whole new console.

Using a mouse to aim at things in incomparable but even if you desperately want to use a game pad you can hook it up to your PC. The argument that you can't use a PC and sit comfortably on a sofa doesn't hold much water as there's so much technology to get around that. I don't own a PC and instead have the PC infront of my sofa.

Also most people already own a PC, so I find it odd when people are then clamouring for what device they want to play games on when they're using one that's pretty good already.

Also, I don't think you have Steam on a console and Steam is amazing. Not only does it offer games at pretty reasonable prices but they also will do deals on games, sometimes mental 75% off deals and coming soon will the the Steam summer sale where everything'll be 50% off. They can afford to do this because PCs have a much much smaller used games market undermining the system.

That being said. The N84 and Wii are both spectacular and I couldn't live without either.

The Almighty Pro

Well spam yeah PC can be constantly upgraded, but if i can afford it i will always get a console.

Nothing like getting the game, get home, put the disc in, boot the game, grab the wireless control and start playing while sitting confortably.

Nowadays consoles life is quite extended imo, i owned a PS2 and even after PS3 came out there where still games coming out, i expect the same when PS4 comes out.

PSN store also has sales and even complete free games if you subscribe to Plus.

If i can afford it will always have console and PC, console is also nice when you have friends over, PC is mostly a solo experience imo, yeah you can go online but nothing like having friends over.

The Undying

Quite true about mulitplayer, PCs can't quite compete there.

I always have my Wii handy for some Mario Kart action.

Leerrrooooy

Oh yea! Nothing like playing 4 player mario kart/super smash/mario party with friends. Rockband had that appeal for awhile too.

Wish I still had my ps2. Wish I can still perform some deadly fatalities with subzero, or sneaking around in socom. Tekken,soul calibur. Awesome games I had for the ps2.

Though if you have it, castle crashers is SUPER FUN to play 4 plYer with friends(same with borderlands 2)

Some things only consoles can do. Lots of people have consoles, not alot have gaming capable pcs though now pcs are getting more and more powerful for alot cheaper prices.

lololol
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Tekken... The hours i spent playing that with friends! Awesome memories!

And Mortal Kombat ofc, dont remenber any good one on PS2 tho, the better ones were on the 16 bit era imo, altough the new one is very good!

Leerrrooooy

Yea! Memories...

I used to play splitscreen on the ps2 with friends alot. Ace combat, need for speed HP2, Ghost recon, splinter cell, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT TWOOOOOOO. Pew Pew Pew Pew with the elite rifle. Though ps2 online wasnt that good, single/split was awesome. It was the xbox that really opened up console online play, though I stuck with ps2 till 360 came out. Cod 4 was the first game I logged lots of online gameplay with

lololol
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

so its clear that pc is ranked 3rd in terms of best gaming device

And the true factor for me between xbox 360 and ps3 is the controller, the xbox one feels so natural the ps3 one sucks imo

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: