View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Grand Theft Auto series

So you guys played any of the GTAs? Looking forward for GTA V?

I played most of them, including the first one which I discovered by accident on a cd-rom full of demos, had to do some digging to find the full game (wanst easy to find games over here back then) and once I got it I couldn't put it down.

Also played online vice city (my all time favourite) and san andreas, the community built some nice programs to play online under multiple scenarios. Loved the fact you could hop on a car with 3 other players and just go do drive by shootings and random players,

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

When that series came out- with the random shooting of people etc - i didnt want to play it.

The killing of the innocent being just a tad to much for me...

But time evolves - and in CoD 2 modern warfare - you go into an airport with a heavy machine gun and get to mow down tons of innocent people too...

And i didnt object to that...

so - am wondering about this series now - should i get it ? It was on sale in Steam a few days ago (previous version prob) - and i didnt buy it.. should i ?

Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

ooooo how i love the GTA series, i to have played them all i think. I've seen the trailer for the new game over a dozen times now and the new assassins creed Happy. Love the fall season when all the best games come out

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

This is gonna be the game of the decade tho http://www.bungie.net/en-us/destiny#page=destiny

already pre ordered with my pre order of the xbox 1 HappyHappy

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Mr.Shoe wrote:
This is gonna be the game of the decade tho http://www.bungie.net/en-us/destiny#page=destiny

Meh.... only playstation/Xbox... not pc...

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Bethollind wrote:
When that series came out- with the random shooting of people etc - i didnt want to play it.

But time evolves - and in CoD 2 modern warfare - you go into an airport with a heavy machine gun and get to mow down tons of innocent people too...

so - am wondering about this series now - should i get it ? It was on sale in Steam a few days ago (previous version prob) - and i didnt buy it.. should i ?

Well GTA IV was awesome, huge city and lots of hours of gameplay but my personal favourite is Vice City, which is a bit of an oldie now, but all that 80s vibe around it is great! Oh and that 80s soundtrack \o/

The Undying

Mr.Shoe wrote:

I'll never buy an xbox 1 so I'll never get to play it but it seems interesting. Portal 2

With GTA I loved playing 1 and 2 but I never loved it changing to 3D. Can't have as much fun burning people with flamethrowers and such if they look like people.

Leerrrooooy

portal 2 was a blast to play, a game sorta like gta but more cartoonish and wild was saints row if anybody played that series

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Mr.Shoe wrote:
portal 2 was a blast to play, a game sorta like gta but more cartoonish and wild was saints row if anybody played that series

Played one of saints row, much more relaxed and laid back than GTA, had hilarious moments, but doesnt compare to GTA.

Rockstar also made Red Dead Redemption, kind like a GTA in the wild west, horses instead of cars, also a great game.

The Undying

Mr.Shoe wrote:

Do you mean Postal 2? Portal 2's not a lot like GTA.

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

Think he means that saints row is a lot like GTA.

Leerrrooooy

Hildorth wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

Think he means that saints row is a lot like GTA.

exactly, sorry for the confusion Happy

Eomerea
Officer
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

I loved Saints Row 1, 2, and 3. =P

And I only ever played San Andreas. I own IV but never really played it a whole lot. Started it but then stopped for some reason. Was too into Lotro at the time I guess.

And I thought Destiny was going to be on PC? D=
An MMO that ISN'T on PC? What is this gaming world coming to?
Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

h, w
Bethollind wrote:

Wanna know something beth? In No Russian, nowhere was it mentioned that we had to go on a shooting spree. Wasnt an objective. Mission was to just get to the end. We are all horrible!

lololol
Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

All of this GTA reminds me a precise episode of Misfits.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: