View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: D&D Neverwinter

Hi, I'm actually downloading Dungeons and Dragons Neverwinter (from PerfectWorld).
I've heard it's a good game.
I've already played D&D online (Turbine one) and want to see how the other one (add to that the fact that Turbine is losing my interest).
Anyone already plays it?

Leerrrooooy

Is it like turbines DDO cause that game was super fun

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

I've played it, but haven't played the Turbine one so can't compare.

It seems to be much more simple, you'll only ever have five or six attacks. It also felt really small to me, I like LOTRO because of how open it all is but Neverwinter seems to be all instanced. It's endgame seems really interesting though. You can make maps for it to play on so there's loads of user generated content being produced all the time.

It also has a weird thing where if you open the cosmetics tab it automatically puts your cosmetic on, the default of which is naked. Something I didn't realise for several minutes.

Leerrrooooy

would you be intersted in rolling a toon on DDO online Happy

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Mr.Shoe wrote:

Will check how this one is. If I don't like it at first sight will uninstall it and re-install Turbine DDO.
In which server are you? I'm in cannith and I'm using a Necromancer called Tarmairon iirc.

PS: Tar-Mairon is another name of Sauron :P

Leerrrooooy

Simone B. wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

Will check how this one is. If I don't like it at first sight will uninstall it and re-install Turbine DDO.
In which server are you? I'm in cannith and I'm using a Necromancer called Tarmairon iirc.

PS: Tar-Mairon is another name of Sauron :P

cool let me know, Havent played for 6 years or so so will have to do some digging but i remember i gave everything away so my chars are just naked, broke, and wayyyy undergeared. So will just start a new account. Help kill some time till helms deep (dunno bout you guys but i got high high expectations)

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

What is DDO like in terms of f2p vs VIP?

Also, does it use the same account as LOTRO?

I am looking forward to Helms Deep though, even if it does a Rohan and have the end game crumble into dust after a few months it'll still be good for a while.

Leerrrooooy

Spamwise wrote:

I am looking forward to Helms Deep though, even if it does a Rohan and have the end game crumble into dust after a few months it'll still be good for a while.

I played before it became a F2P game but its alot of grouping from what i remember nothing is really solo

Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:

I think it's the same thing in terms of f2p vs VIP. You can get TP there as well iirc but are not shared with other games.

For the same account you can ask a key from the support team for the game you are interested in (e.g. if you want ddo linked to lotro, ask a key for ddo free account). I didn't know I could do that, so I have probably 2 different accounts (even though I remember the username is the same).

https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/showthread.php?325488-LotRO-and-DDO-account-linking

Leerrrooooy

Thank you for that link, i think ive decided to roll a toon on DDO to get a little rotation in with my games. Usually thats what my xbox is for but no new games that i want have come out. Obviously still playing lotro as well ;) gonna stop playing the DDO account come late september once all the new xbox games start coming out (gta, fifa, nba, madden, and soo much more HappyHappyHappy)

Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

the downside is that DDO, being a turbine game, suffer the same server downtime during maintenace.
So you can't use it while Lotro is down.

Leerrrooooy

Simone B. wrote:
the downside is that DDO, being a turbine game, suffer the same server downtime during maintenace.
So you can't use it while Lotro is down.

true but down times never really affect me because there in my mornings unlike you guys over in the european realm ;)

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

I made a toon on it. As close to a hobbit ardour champion as the game will let me. See if you can guess what he's called, I imagine it'd suprise you to your very core.

Seems interesting so far, I like that you can change the difficulty of dungeons. I've managed to die twice so far at level 1 (rank 2) so it was nice to be able to drop the difficulty when I had no money to buy any of the things to make it easier.

The controls are a little horrible. I'd gotten used to LOTRO where you can strafe, turn, turn the camera, click on enemies and click on skills all at the same time, but DDO seems to object to that, instead making you choose between strafing and turning, being able to see what skills you have and being able to see where you're going.

The Almighty Pro

And right when I thought Lotro is horrible, Neverwinter makes me change idea. It's AWFULL. I got disconnected 4 times withing 5 minutes and that with all the connections bars of the wifi full D:
Sorry Neverwinter, but you do not exist anymore for me *hit uninstall button.
Now off to re-download DDO, since I deleted the installation files from the previous pc.

The Undying

Simone B. wrote:
And right when I thought Lotro is horrible, Neverwinter makes me change idea. It's AWFULL. I got disconnected 4 times withing 5 minutes and that with all the connections bars of the wifi full D:
Sorry Neverwinter, but you do not exist anymore for me *hit uninstall button.
Now off to re-download DDO, since I deleted the installation files from the previous pc.

I disconnected a couple of times when I was playing it too but assumed that was my end. It is still in Beta so some issues are to be expected but that's a little extreme D:

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: