View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: DDO Turbine

Is anyone interested in rolling a toon on DDO to play every once in a while for some new content while we wait for helms deep to come out. Its very group based so a group of 6 people would be ideal.

I currently rolled a Cleric so got that class covered

A magic user such as wizard/sorcerer would be good or both
A rogue
A fighter or two (can substitute a ranger for one of the fighter)
one random

This is just a rough draft for a balanced group

Of course if someone wants to try out cleric i have no problem rolling something else

Obviously its not switching games I kind of viewed it as were all on LOTRO and just switching over to DDO to run a dungeon or two or three Happy

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Linlon
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

I watched an intro video to DDO gameplay, it seemed much more faster and hectic and surprising even, when you attack a mob and get up close, then there comes one or two or three more opponents at once and you just bash away tongue out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CraPFuXryJE

Hmmmm is that latter part of the url above some kind of suggestion how the game will be? x) --CraPFu...

If I ever get in DDO, I was thinking of making an artificer or a druid, those caught my attention There wasn't any info about the paths you choose within the class on the website mad If I make an artificer and make it a dorf, could I perhaps create a female Linnan

The Undying

The Undying

OriginalLinnan wrote:

If I ever get in DDO, I was thinking of making an artificer or a druid, those caught my attention There wasn't any info about the paths you choose within the class on the website mad If I make an artificer and make it a dorf, could I perhaps create a female Linnan

Artifacers aren't available to f2p players, but I think you''d be able to make a dorf, don't think they have restrictions on race/class.

Lesson one of DDO combat: Don't move while fighting, moving gives you a heavy damage penalty. When I found this out my survivability went way up.

No auto aiming here too so you have to look at what you're trying to kill D:

Leerrrooooy

It's a completely different kind of game play

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Bah, I can't remember the username and password.
I hoped that they would show up in the launcher, but after the update those info have been deleted (Yes, I blame you turbine :s).
I guess I'll have to start another Necro Wizard with another account.
And need to check other Saurons' names.

Edit: started and no other sauron names were free :s so I called it Ratanna (Annatar read from right to left).

The Undying

Spamwise wrote:
OriginalLinnan wrote:

Artifacers aren't available to f2p players, but I think you''d be able to make a dorf, don't think they have restrictions on race/class.

Lesson one of DDO combat: Don't move while fighting, moving gives you a heavy damage penalty. When I found this out my survivability went way up.

Oh so if I make a dorf artificer, it'd be possible, while on another race an artificer is not possible?

Thank goodness, I thought you HAVE to move while fighting, no wonder the player on the gameplay video wasn't handling her incoming damage so well..

Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Totally forgot to mention were on the Cannith server

Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

OriginalLinnan wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
OriginalLinnan wrote:

Oh so if I make a dorf artificer, it'd be possible, while on another race an artificer is not possible?

Thank goodness, I thought you HAVE to move while fighting, no wonder the player on the gameplay video wasn't handling her incoming damage so well..

No, it's basically like wardens and RKs are for lotro. Premium features, so not available for f2p.
There are also some races that are not f2p. Those are half-elf, half-orf and drow, probably even warforged too, iirc.

Also there was a button (maybe ctrl or shift, don't remember) to keep pressed to stay in defensive stance. If you pess it while you run, you roll on the floor, so you can try to dodge some attacks.

The best way to do the first dungeons is buying a temporary hireling, from the hireling vendor. At level 1, a contract should ot 2g. It isn't much if you think that when I finished the intro I had 10g. After 2-3 dungeons and some selling you can arrive at ~300 platinum coins.

I've taken the barbarian hireling and have put it in aggressive mode, he practically 1 hit everything there is around :s

The Undying

Gotta remember that defensive stance :P

Hireling sounds so funny, like there wouldn't be any power in him, but if a barbarian one shots its targets it's a wrong assumption Happy

Thinking of downloading DDO, actually O.o

The Undying

The Undying

What server are you guys in? I've downloaded, installed, launched it and now I gotta choose a server

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

OriginalLinnan wrote:
What server are you guys in? I've downloaded, installed, launched it and now I gotta choose a server

Cannith

The Undying

Ya I was in somekind of rush and didnt see shoe already told what server. i got my new linnan to lvl 2 and two out of five bubbles it was fun - and confusing - but it was still better to return to good ol lotro :P

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Turbine has just added those horrid class trees to DDO, a game where the freedom in customisation was one of the key points D:
Good job turbine, go on that way D:

Leerrrooooy

yeah i just noticed those today, if thats an indication of how turbine is gonna do lotro, well im gonna be mad

Ernormur
Tin Can

Tin Can

do you guys have a guild in DDO? i have a lvl 4 ranger, a lvl 3 sorcerer, and a lvl 3 rogue. I've been playing off and on, but haven't seen anyone in game. and yes, i'm on the right server.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: