View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

re: Minecraft

I should probably post this in the possible absence thread as I've fallen in love with this game.

I found a mountain I like:
Forum Image

And I've moved in, started hollowing it out to become a lair.

So far all I've managed is a small room and a staircase, but the staircase is pretty impressive IMO, took me like 4 hours to build and until I hollow out more of the mountain it's going to be hard to see. Here's a screen shot of the base and top though I may dig down and extend it further.

Forum Image

Forum Image

I think it'll cause me no end of trouble, If I bump into it I'll set on fire. I'm in a snow biome so the water freezes over so it stops flowing, and for some reason one of the waterfalls gets off on a higher floor.

Leerrrooooy

got too into my xbox world and didnt wanna change to pc . Have a two a story house with a staircase inside that leads down and down to an underground cavern. Have the place lit up with torches to avoid creeps getting in there.

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Keep hearing about minecraft and even tried the mobile version on my phone... but simply dont get the game, you just build stuff or dig through the blocks? O.o

Reminds me of Lego,

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:
Keep hearing about minecraft and even tried the mobile version on my phone... but simply dont get the game, you just build stuff or dig through the blocks? O.o

Reminds me of Lego,

And what's wrong with Lego!

It is pretty much that yeah. Part Mining simulator, gathering stuff, crafting stuff to make mining more efficient. Part building simulator where you can build pretty much everything you can imagine (like lego, but with endless potential). Part survival horror as the entire time you're playing you're being stalked by a parade of skeletons, zombies and creepers. There is nothing more terrifying than bumping into a creeper while you're carrying valuable loot, or standing near something you've spent hours building/crafting.

It has its problems, mainly what you were saying that there's no real aim, just have to wander around and do stuff.

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

Reminds me of Lego,

And what's wrong with Lego!

It is pretty much that yeah. Part Mining simulator, gathering stuff, crafting stuff to make mining more efficient. Part building simulator where you can build pretty much everything you can imagine (like lego, but with endless potential). Part survival horror as the entire time you're playing you're being stalked by a parade of skeletons, zombies and creepers. There is nothing more terrifying than bumping into a creeper while you're carrying valuable loot, or standing near something you've spent hours building/crafting.

It has its problems, mainly what you were saying that there's no real aim, just have to wander around and do stuff.

Oh i loved legos when i was a kid:P

Hmm might have a deeper look at it then, just found it boring, didnt even knew there were creepers in there, just went around digging without a clue of what i was doing *_*

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:

Hmm might have a deeper look at it then, just found it boring, didnt even knew there were creepers in there, just went around digging without a clue of what i was doing *_*

I don't know how different the mobile version is. Part of the fun is how endless the world is and I can't see how the mobile version could have that. I had to find a cactus earlier and had to walk for over an ingame kilometer through artic tundra and dense jungle before I found one.

Also it is a bit hard to get into. I did just literally wander around for a while til I saw a volcano that gave me Blofeld style plans for things to make, but to start you have no objective so you just have to do stuff til you start having fun :D

There's a demo you can play of vanilla minecraft. It gives you 100 minutes of playtime, but if you download the game rather than play it through your browser you can play it indefinitely, but can't use creative mode so can't cheat D:

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

I don't know how different the mobile version is. Part of the fun is how endless the world is and I can't see how the mobile version could have that. I had to find a cactus earlier and had to walk for over an ingame kilometer through artic tundra and dense jungle before I found one.

Also it is a bit hard to get into. I did just literally wander around for a while til I saw a volcano that gave me Blofeld style plans for things to make, but to start you have no objective so you just have to do stuff til you start having fun :D

There's a demo you can play of vanilla minecraft. It gives you 100 minutes of playtime, but if you download the game rather than play it through your browser you can play it indefinitely, but can't use creative mode so can't cheat D:

Hmm you mean download legaly or "borrow" from the internet?:P

Idk about mobile version, i tried it, just wandered around with no clue what to do besides digging -.-

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

Idk about mobile version, i tried it, just wandered around with no clue what to do besides digging -.-

Completelyish legal. They give you the choice to download or play through the browser. Downloading seemed the safer option and i expected it to kick me out after the designated time but I kept managing to keep logging into it. Don't know if it was fully right to keep playing it with the demo but I don't think any fault was on my end.

It's not ideal anyway as unless you get the proper version you can't use any of the mods that make the game so much more. I'm currently playing tekkit which on top of the basic mining operation lets you build machines like quarries to do your mining for you and automate systems to smelt ores for you so you can focus on the wandering around being awesome. I'm currently trying to build an oil rig which will no doubt create a disaster to rival the BP one.

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

Completelyish legal. They give you the choice to download or play through the browser. Downloading seemed the safer option and i expected it to kick me out after the designated time but I kept managing to keep logging into it. Don't know if it was fully right to keep playing it with the demo but I don't think any fault was on my end.

It's not ideal anyway as unless you get the proper version you can't use any of the mods that make the game so much more. I'm currently playing tekkit which on top of the basic mining operation lets you build machines like quarries to do your mining for you and automate systems to smelt ores for you so you can focus on the wandering around being awesome. I'm currently trying to build an oil rig which will no doubt create a disaster to rival the BP one.

Spam, oil tycoon :P

Glass Cannon

I don't know if you guys remember Dewskerz but he and I had actually setup our own server for Minecraft and it worked great. He generally swings for the best internet so there was very little latency issues (unless his wife decided to watch netflix in HD. ;D )

Only reason he stopped is because the hard drive on the server took a crap.
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Shoe I tried connecting to your server but it keeps saying "can't connect to server"

Leerrrooooy

Nerg , Spam this is what its going to look like, well a bit smaller

http://minecraftcastle.blogspot.com/2012/08/magnificent-medieval-minecraft-castle.html

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Mr.Shoe wrote:

http://minecraftcastle.blogspot.com/2012/08/magnificent-medieval-minecraft-castle.html

OOh, that will be nice. Going to make mine an evil castle of evilness to be different, though I doubt it'll get as grand as that.

The Undying

Spamwise wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

OOh, that will be nice. Going to make mine an evil castle of evilness to be different, though I doubt it'll get as grand as that.

Though I may make this instead

http://minecraftcastle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/westeroscraft-is-ultimate-mincraft.html

Leerrrooooy

Spamwise wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

Though I may make this instead

http://minecraftcastle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/westeroscraft-is-ultimate-mincraft.html

LOL big project

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: