View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: Minecraft

Just started creating a world on Minecraft, having a blast doing it. Anyone else here play?

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

I played it alot before 1.8 version came, after that i played less than before, now i havent touched it for months. I just dont like to make new map :P
I played it online for couple months, when 1.8 released and I was richest on the server, I created huge underground mine wich was a complete maze if you dont pay attention where you came from.
My "home" was underground, hidden from sight. When I started to mine and make tons of resources I wanted to do something on surface (so that no1 wont build on top of me, so I created watchtower on top of my home. Tho my home was like 10-20 blocks down the sand, it is difficult to know where the other players are gonna build theyr home or structures..
I created shipping dock, because then i could protect no1 wont do anything to the sea/shore area, next thing i made horribly tavern.. It didnt turn out how I planned it but its nice addition to the docks.
Last thing I made was my "fake" home next to watchtower.

Only downside to these creations was that the server is hard mode survival, and zombies breaks the doors if they want to go in, so my creations has no doors.. Im gonna go picture these out and if I get them to show here Happy
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Wow thats awesome!!!!! same here was building underground in my world. My friend created a world on normal mode i believe on his xbox and i jump in on my xbox whenever he is on. I didn't like playing by myself but with others working together its so much more fun and easier to play.

I liked it so much i was flirting with the idea of renting and making a server for people here or something as i hear computer version is billion times better. but dont know the first thing about setting something like that up and i read it can be a security risk if you dont know exactly what ur doing.

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

cant compare to xbox, I havent played it on xbox Happy basically on Pc it just needs to download the server minecraft thingy and to get it running to play on your own server, others just needs ip address to access it.

I havent created servers, so im not 100% sure about these :P
I havent found any security risk other than getting persons ip adress, wich can be tracked, where the person who runs it lives. And its super easy, it can be found by google searches :P Not much of a hacking :D

Server is down, checked theyr website and it has been down since 17/8/13, something to do with theyr servers and theyr trying to fix it. Gotta look if they can get it to work :P
Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Good to know, thanks for the info. Yeah im really thinking on getting a server to play there before i get to far into my xbox world and become to depressed to start all over again on a brand new world.

Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

I just remembered that f2 saves files automatically onto computer, so heres one picture of it (time when there was no tavern) tavern would of been on the dock, on this picture you can see blank spot on the dock system on the right.

Forum Image

this is huge picture so if ya want to see it bigger beware it might take awhile :P
well i couldnt get it bigger but it shows pretty good on that size Happy

and the cactus is my mobgrinder Happy its pretty effective, tho the loot might get destroyed but it keeps the creepers away from blowing up everything :D
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

I really liked Minecraft for the short time I played it. I built a huge castle with a moat that I'd rigged up so when I pulled a lever it filled with lava, underneath I had a house made out of glass partially floating over a cavern with a huge mine filled with powered rails turning it into an Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style place. It was awesome, but I had to format my computer and lost it and for some reason I never went back to do more.

Minecraft's one of those games I love seeing what other people do with it as it's scope is far larger than my own.

Like this guy who's building Erebor and the town of Dale

or videos of people doing adventure maps like this one

I might revisit minecraft, maybe actually buy it this time as I only used the free version before.

Leerrrooooy

thats amazing, nice work. got any pictures of your underground lair?

i really wanna create something like this

Forum Image

Mr.Shoe
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

I wouldnt be against creating a server for us to play on and help each other out, have no problem paying for it either

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Am I right in saying you buy the game once then there are mods and stuff that are free? or are there other charges? Now I'm thinking about it I'd definitely want to play it again. Could easily be a flash in the pan thing like when I play most games on a whim for a few days then put them down and not touch them again for years.

If you wanted to make a server that'd be up to you. Would you have to pay for it forever though? Don't like the thought of you having to pay to keep it on the off chance that someone would go on it.

Leerrrooooy

i mean servers are cheep and i found a site thats pay by month, such as 10 bucks or 15 bucks a month depending on server size.

http://servercraft.co/minecraft-servers/?gclid=CIebwcWOj7kCFUlp7AodrEkAGQ

was the site i was looking at.

in terms of mods and stuff like that i have no idea. I would create a server regardless once i downloaded for the option to always be there, in case some friends i know might want to join in. Plus they do a nice job saving your world for you ect. for the money issue thats not a problem, because i pay for ddo and lotro vip services i would just cancel the DDO vip. The thought of playing two MMORPG even if its 90 % lotro and 10% ddo is just to much for me. I like to be heavily invested in one game (lotro) and have some casual leisure games on the side ( (possibly minecraft), fifa, halo ect..) . I even have a reciever set up to my computer to connect an xbox controller so i can chill on the couch after a hard study session relax and build some stuff.

and considering im not playing xbox really till the new one comes out im pretty much only left with a few options.

Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

Once you have purchased minecraft its yours to keep, the mods and addons are completely free and optional.
Mojang (company who developed minecraft) isnt making mods to the game, its playerbase who makes all different cool mods. Theres for example industrial craft (makes machinery/modern facility objects, example automatic miner) then theres lots of texture packs wich you can change really fast when installed to minecraft mods foulder.

Theres really much to do on vanilla minecraft but if the vanilla isnt enough theres literally hundreds of mods wich helps or makes things harder for you.

Website if your interested to watch everything on minecraft world, mods/skins/other creations/servers to play etc.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum
I have been using that for looking up servers to play. Before it was for only pc version, now it looks like theres xbox and pocket edition categorys :P

Example of one mod, Guns :D
Linlon
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Ugh, sorry guys, Minecraft is NOT my kinda thing, too many rough pixels D:

I know a friend's boyfriend, who plays Minecraft like he needs it to breath - much like Lotro is to me lolol - and the game is just so ugh no ty. >_>

Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

We made the tower of orthanc once, then my friend destroyed it :P

Its fun with friends though I javent touched it in like a.year.

Been playing a similar game called terraria. Its like minecraft. Very simply.game but very fun imo. You can even kill bosses and such. Or pvp if u choose to. I didnt actually buy it though, my friend gave me the pirated copy haha, but we still get to play with those who havr legit copies.

lololol
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

OriginalLinnan wrote:
Ugh, sorry guys, Minecraft is NOT my kinda thing, too many rough pixels D:

I know a friend's boyfriend, who plays Minecraft like he needs it to breath - much like Lotro is to me lolol - and the game is just so ugh no ty. >_>

There's texture packs for that You can make things beautiful with some. But the blocky nature is most of the games charm.

Anywho, I've got it now. Had forgotten how terrifying it is. There's nothing more horrible than spending hours building something then having a creeper show up infront of you.

Earlier I'd spent about an hour digging, got a nice supply of resources to come face to face with a couple of skeletons and a zombie. I turned and ran but I'd jumped down a small cliff so couldn't get back up. I started digging through, the block disappeared but there was a spider on the other side who jumped down to help kill me. Didn't manage to get my stuff back

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: