View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: Minecraft

some updated texture packs for the lastest update
http://www.planetminecraft.com/resources/texture_packs/?p=1

one I found that I really liked that did not use a 3rd site to download called elements
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/16-64x64-dr-realistic-rpg

Forum Image

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Jules wants to start playing minecraft... any tips/hints i can pass on to him ?

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Bethollind wrote:
Jules wants to start playing minecraft... any tips/hints i can pass on to him ?

Build a house or bunker immediately. The first night is always the worst. (or just set the gamemode to peaceful but it does take some fun out.

Basic initial guide: punch a tree > craft a crafting bench > use wood to make sticks > sticks and wood to make wooden tools > start digging down to get cobblestone and coal for better tools and for torches to light things up when night falls as monsters can only spawn in the dark.

After that you can start building like crazy or browse the internet for inspiration on what you can make.

The Undying

Spamwise wrote:
Nerglor wrote:
some updated texture packs for the lastest update
http://www.planetminecraft.com/resources/texture_packs/?p=1

one I found that I really liked that did not use a 3rd site to download called elements
http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/16-64x64-dr-realistic-rpg

I'm using Sphax, give everything more of a cartoony look, and a couple of textures like Netherack and Soulsand are animated.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Doesn't look as could here as it normally would as most of my settings are set to low, upped the draw distance so you could see stuff though :D

Leerrrooooy

Forum Image

/o\ scary monster

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Nerglor wrote:
Forum Image

/o\ scary monster

I need that armour, worse than left 4 dead this game

Forum Image

There's one just off screen wearing gold armour D:

The Undying

I remembered paintings were a thing, made a couple then realised they're different in each texture pack. Check out these, hopefully they don't look bad in yours :D

Forum Image

Forum Image

The Undying

Hey Nerg, hope you came here before going into minecraft as I made a small mess.

I think the elevator's working, it just doesn't look like it. I've built the wires connecting to a button, but it doesn't work without being activated a the top so the back needs to be built. I built one side, but then zombies came, followed by a creeper who took out half the farm D:

So the other side needs repeaters put down and redstone on both sides. The bit at the top needs building too. I've put all the stuff for it in the store room. Hopefully it'll work fine.

The Undying

I don't really get it, why is there some random creepers and zombies there to interrupt your work? Where do they even come from o_O?

The Undying

The Undying

OriginalLinnan wrote:
I don't really get it, why is there some random creepers and zombies there to interrupt your work? Where do they even come from o_O?

It's part sandbox building game, part survival horror. Monsters can spawn anywhere that's dark, so they mostly come at night. Mostly.

You generally have to do building during the day and mining at night unless you've made the area safe by making it well lit which our village is currently not

Or set it to peaceful like we had it for a while but you need monsters to build some stuff.

Leerrrooooy

Spamwise wrote:
Hey Nerg, hope you came here before going into minecraft as I made a small mess.

I think the elevator's working, it just doesn't look like it. I've built the wires connecting to a button, but it doesn't work without being activated a the top so the back needs to be built. I built one side, but then zombies came, followed by a creeper who took out half the farm D:

So the other side needs repeaters put down and redstone on both sides. The bit at the top needs building too. I've put all the stuff for it in the store room. Hopefully it'll work fine.

I made a offline world with cheats and all that to mess with the elevator, always after the 3rd piston it was really buggy, so one of these days ill destroy it and give you all the pistons XD currently playing with a water elevator on said offline world.

and fyi the village is bright enough, stuff spawns somewhere else then wanders in

Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Nerglor wrote:
Spamwise wrote:

I made a offline world with cheats and all that to mess with the elevator, always after the 3rd piston it was really buggy, so one of these days ill destroy it and give you all the pistons XD currently playing with a water elevator on said offline world.

and fyi the village is bright enough, stuff spawns somewhere else then wanders in

Yeah, seems about a quarter of the blocks on the left side just get push up through the rest and land on top.

Don't demolish just yet, still a fun way to go down even if up doesn't work.

The village is bright enough yeah, just need to fence it off really. Made the mistake of walking near Shoe's castle yesterday, was the swamp all over again, and a zombie stole my diamond sword with +7 attack damage and iron armour D: was a fun night...

Leerrrooooy

if your talking about that massacre yesterday Spam that was crazy

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Simone B.
Successor
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Nerglor wrote:
Spamwise wrote:

Yeah, seems about a quarter of the blocks on the left side just get push up through the rest and land on top.

Don't demolish just yet, still a fun way to go down even if up doesn't work.

The village is bright enough yeah, just need to fence it off really. Made the mistake of walking near Shoe's castle yesterday, was the swamp all over again, and a zombie stole my diamond sword with +7 attack damage and iron armour D: was a fun night...

Zombies don't steal, they are nice ex-people.
Anyway, if you need help for the game, here's a tip:

Forum Image

Leerrrooooy

Nerggg, ur not going to leave an unfinished floating library above our little village are you?? HappyHappy

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Other games All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: