View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Star Wars The Old Republic

So I gave swtor a test run yesterday and so far got good first impressions, reminds me a lot of the old kotor games or even mass effect with the storyline and multiple dialog choices and even the good/bad allignement. And of course killing mobs with a lightsaber is just uber :P

Might spend some time there discovering the game a bit, I know Spam also plays it,I made a Sith warrior on european server the red eclipse but if anyone wants to roll a noob I can start over on another server.

Game is quite big to download but at 50% we can start playing while rest downloads in the background, quite smart that.

Leerrrooooy

If you want some starter money for your toon, i still have the game downloaded and can log in my toons and pass you some stuff. I dont play it anymore so no problem doing it. dont remenber which server there on tho. so you might have to reroll if u want it

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Mr.Shoe wrote:
If you want some starter money for your toon, i still have the game downloaded and can log in my toons and pass you some stuff. I dont play it anymore so no problem doing it. dont remenber which server there on tho. so you might have to reroll if u want it

Can't say no to free money, just let me know which server, I'm planning on testing a few classes anyway, ill be on TS later.

The Almighty Pro

Sorry shoe, I remembered you were gonna log on swtor yesterday but was so dead tired that I logged out and turn off my comp, completely forgetting to say somehing on TS, not sure if you managed to log or not.

Anyway must say I'm really enjoying the game and the storyline and haven't yet reached lvl 10, from what I read this is when the game actually starts with advanced classes, our own crew and spaceship, space battles, companions, instances... Think I found a game to break the boredom of lotro,

Oh and also had the joy of seing Spam die a couple of times already \o/

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:

It's a hard game! don't judge. Though fighting a level 6 boss at level 4 with no armour on possibly wasn't my best move, got it on the fourth try though \o/

Still not sold on the game though, currently RPing as a bumbling fool who doesn't know what he's doing, or the difference between good and evil. Wondering if I can get kicked out of Sith school.

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

It's a hard game! don't judge. Though fighting a level 6 boss at level 4 with no armour on possibly wasn't my best move, got it on the fourth try though \o/

Still not sold on the game though, currently RPing as a bumbling fool who doesn't know what he's doing, or the difference between good and evil. Wondering if I can get kicked out of Sith school.

Lol keep dying and maybe they throw you out :P

Try another class maybe? I found the inquisitor storyline more appealing, and I'm also Rping as evil lady with an attitude , always choosing the most evil path possible,

I like some moral dillemas there and if its anything like mass effect those choices should have consequences further into the game.

The Almighty Pro

same tried it last night

The Almighty Pro

Ellatoestabber wrote:
same tried it last night

Well if you're playing it now and then, best make sure you join yet another european server,

We are on red eclipse server.

Also you need to join the dark side of the force, if you go on the goodie side you can't talk/play with us

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

Try another class maybe? I found the inquisitor storyline more appealing, and I'm also Rping as evil lady with an attitude , always choosing the most evil path possible,

I like some moral dillemas there and if its anything like mass effect those choices should have consequences further into the game.

It genuinely annoyed me when the guy trusted me to determine the fates of three prisoners, then yelled at me saying I'd judged all three wrong. If he trusted me to do it, he should trust my judgement in what happened.

Think I'm not really cut out to be a Sith, I don't understand their motivations. Always baffles me in films when enemies get this organised. How do evil people get anything done when they're all running around being evil.

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:
Spamwise wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

It genuinely annoyed me when the guy trusted me to determine the fates of three prisoners, then yelled at me saying I'd judged all three wrong. If he trusted me to do it, he should trust my judgement in what happened.

Think I'm not really cut out to be a Sith, I don't understand their motivations. Always baffles me in films when enemies get this organised. How do evil people get anything done when they're all running around being evil.

Because they're cold and calculating \o/

Btw, Ger, you won... I'm going in!

Edit:
I think that the force is weak in my computer :/ no swtor for me...

Leerrrooooy

Ger on the Jedi Coveant server and all i got is about 700,000 Credits and a few recipies if you want them.

From DDO to AOC to SWTOR to LOTRO to ESO all characters have started with the name Shoe. It all goes back to trying to decide on a character name in my first MMO. Having a shoebox near me and frustrated on my lack of creativity I typed it in and sure enough it worked, and the legacy was born.
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

They are not evil, they are on the dark side of the force, big difference! Specially cause you can make good choices even being on the dark side.

Anyway I left the noob area yesterday into a big ass spaceship, seems like the first bug hub and started to see why f2p might suck: 25% less xp after lvl 10, some kind of weekly limit on instance loot, only able to choose 1 craft out of 3... Hell there's even a limit on the emotes you can use,

On the good side got my first proper lightsaber *nerdgarsm* and got to choose my advanced class, got a chance to check their skill tree system... Preparing for helms deep,

The Almighty Pro

Mr.Shoe wrote:
Ger on the Jedi Coveant server and all i got is about 700,000 Credits and a few recipies if you want them.

Hmm ok shoe, I'm actually just playing on red eclipse server but can always make a Jedi Knight to test it out on that server :P we talk when I find you on TS.

EDIT: nevermind Shoe, I just remembered that as f2p I have currency cap, so all those credits would go into overflow.

Leerrrooooy

Hildorth wrote:
Mr.Shoe wrote:

Hmm ok shoe, I'm actually just playing on red eclipse server but can always make a Jedi Knight to test it out on that server :P we talk when I find you on TS.

EDIT: nevermind Shoe, I just remembered that as f2p I have currency cap, so all those credits would go into overflow.

yeah currency cap is about 450k credits

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Pfft minecraft! Leave that crap and come to the dark side of the force :P

Really enjoying the storyline on sith inquisitor class, a big plus in this game and I'm actually rping as I want.

Oh and me and Ella already got our big ass spaceships, space battles are ok I guess, only did one so far, kind like a mini game within the game.

Seems just me and Ella playing it often, Spam seems to prefer lego blocks instead of lightsabers,

Page 1 of 9

Jump to: