View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: Sub MMOs

There are TONS of MMOs out there, so this thread is just to point some of them out without creating 4+ threads no one will post in :D Was looking on steam and found one that looked promising called Dragon's Prophet and.....

YOU CAN TAME AND RIDE DRAGONS!!
Ya pretty cool, the combat is based on combos and is actually pretty fun. Only draw back is the graphics are low and even if on the average/high res its a bit choppy...reminds me of the old school ps2 games

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577875804086128767/8E743CF72EEE42CCC1259B778B625B625237A2E9/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577875804086125870/C3EA4A7CDBC205FD262159F60BB74B8C3CCEEC88/

sorry couldnt imbed the images :<

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

I remember seeing a game on Steam a while back which had dragons with giant guns strapped to them. Not sure if it was an MMO though, or if I imagined it as I can't find it anywhere.

An MMO I return to every so often is Team Fortress 2 which is so much fun. One of very few MMOs which aren't really punishing if you're not that great. Many people on it are ultra skilled, but it's balanced well enough that you can still hold your own.

I also want to care about Dota 2 but I couldn't really get into it (in the half hour I played) It seeems like it could be really good if you get really skilled but it's largest issue is that its community is horrible. If you played Left 4 Dead 1/2 it's like that community but worse. They're not there for fun, they're there to win and will kill anyone, even you, to do so.

My housemate's gotten obsessed with Planetside 2 as well. It's a game that's harder to play casually though and will make you play it for many hours straight D: Superficially it's kind of like your average Call of Duty style game with its few different classes, but the scale of it is insane. You don't play on small maps but instead there are three teams in a huge world map capable of holding 2000 people. It means you need strategy so you have to join platoons of between 12-48 people to organise assaults on various bases. Personally I hated it as you will either be wandering around for ages capturing bases not seeing anyone, or caught in the middle of insane carnage.

Edit - So I wrote this when I just got up and had forgotten what an MMO was, only one of these is, sorry about that :D

The Almighty Pro

When I saw this title I thought you were talking about submarines MMO,

Anyway there are tons out there, most f2p, I lost count of how many I've tried, like I said in other thread, lots of little Gers out there :P

Leerrrooooy

Hildorth wrote:

Anyway there are tons out there, most f2p, I lost count of how many I've tried, like I said in other thread, lots of little Gers out there :P

No meant sandwiches :D

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Nerglor wrote:
Hildorth wrote:

No meant sandwiches :D

Oooh a sandwich MMO! I would play that! I think ill choose the bacon sandwich class, heard it has the best dps.

The Almighty Pro

mmm bacon.. everyone loves bacon...

Jump to: