View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: HD beta NDA has been released

my god, the mini and burg sets are OP. Don't have to worry about being a strict build with gear like that

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Bethollind wrote:

Hmmmmm....

Main feeling i got about this is regret... that i already bought the expansion.

This is like dumbing down the game so much it looses all appeal.

It sux to have to relearn your class after playing 85!! levels with it. It makes it way worse if they on top of that dumb it down so much that all complexity is gone...

Was already considering coming to SWOTR to have some fun - but that isnt so great either i hear from several people... also dumbed down combat system...

What alternatives are there out there available or going to be available ? Would love playing with you guys again - and the way i am reading this new update - it won't be long after its release that i might actually abandon Lotro... with a lot of pain in my hart.

Well yes at times, and specially at lower levels SWTOR combat can be a bit dumbed down but as you level its gets more complex and its actually harder than Lotro, you will die a lot. Overall im having fun with it and thats what matters in the end.

And contrary to what Hay wrote about healing threat, SWTOR actually has a lot of healing threat.

Im almost regreting buying HD as well...still will give it a try.

Leerrrooooy

Hildorth wrote:

-snip

And contrary to what Hay wrote about healing threat, SWTOR actually has a lot of healing threat.

Im almost regreting buying HD as well...still will give it a try.

And is very very very limited on f2p

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Looking at the gold gear Pat posted, wondering if the mindless runs for ramdom lucky gold drops is going to continue... About SWTOR, yes its limited to f2p, compared to Lotro you don't need to buy quest packs, all is open (except expansion), but there's a ton of limitations... I remenber Pag overcame some of those by making credits and buying unlocks from the auction house ( yeah you can buy store stuff for in game money), so in theory and if you can endure to grind credits you can play for free.

The Almighty Pro

I fear about classes flexibility, I mean, question for Hay for example, can a LM still be a viable healer for something like a 3 man? Or you have to choose to heal or dps? Swtor has the same limitations, even on a simple dps class, if you go for pure damage then you have no DoTs, if you go DoT, your damage output gets reduced... My scoundrel there perfect example: he's a healer atm, in theory I can live forever by self healing, but to kill harder mobs takes ages, change to dps and ill hit harder but die very often. I liked lotro classes like LM or cappy for example being very versatile, remember one time in RoF I ended up tanking the first boss cause guard died, was able to do that just by switching marks and LIs, seems that can be done now

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: