View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

re: Minstrel Traits (Late Beta)

Ok so where is the revamped for the trait trees for mini. WE ARE ALWAYS IN A STANCE, whether it be pure healing, harmony, or dissonance. Basic changes to the class (besides trait trees) Skills gained: Spirit of freedom, shakes off dazes/stuns/FMs 1m 30s CD, Call of second age is a basic skill can be used in any stance, Herald's hammer now changes on stance. Melody its hero's stike and gives morale, resonance give morale to group, dissonance it can steal the targets morale. The rest of the skills gained are within their trait trees and is described below :D

Warrior Skald Trait bonuses

1. Ballads grant a 5% tact damage buff

2. -Resistance to calls/cries by 10%

3. Every Crit for any skill you get 6s of no damage knockback on inductions

4. ballads reduce the CDs on cries and call by 1s

5. +10% chance to unlock raise the spirit/chord of salvation or the improved versions

6. +15% cry/call critical damage (can include healing skills)

7. -30% chance for coda not to cashout ballad buffs

The traits in the trait tree are as followed: in order of how you read in the english language (top left to bottom right) +coda/ballad damage (25%), Piercing cry stun 30%, melee/tactical crit chance/multiplier 5%, ballad crits 15%, dissonance call damage 25%, Call of orome unlocked, ballads have a chance to build up a +damage buff for coda 30% damage, orome targets +4 and orome damage 25%, Maximum moale +688, +5 AoW duration, Finesse +2064, Echoes of battle damage 30%, Dissonant strike can steal morale on a crit 50%, Cry of the valar unlocked, chance to reset cry and call CD on coda 30%, cry of wizards unlocked ( the numbers and % are if you rank up the traits to maximum)

Ok now to talk about the builds i found to be useful :D The Warrior-Skald mixes very very well with the other two trees (healing and buffish) and depends on how you want to play. If you want more healing you can increase your healing crits along with bolster courage, i would not recommend going farther down in the healing line if your going dps to save points.

As for the buff line (yellow/Protector of song) if you want a nice boost to mastery along with anthem duration/echos of battle buff. This can be very helpful when fighting large amount of mobs, or if your going to dps in a group but not being an off healer. Personally I do not see much of a reason to build into the last bonus cause with how fast you can build up your coda it can become pretty moot since mobs die fairly fast. Overall the dps you can get has not changed much. From before HD into HD you will be pulling the same numbers, no damage buff here.

Now for specifics, the traits (not bonuses) of the tree is the one with the less amount of crap, they are all fairly good. Despite that I find little need for ballad crits (damage should come from calls/cries/coda anyways) finesse, max morale, the damage % for coda coming from ballads, or the chance to reset cry/calls from coda, but that is just my opinion and might change with more tinkering with the traits.

Last edited by Nerglor on Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Here is The Watcher of Resolve line (raw healing) and probably the most confusing in terms of bonuses

1.Coda has a 10% chance to add a +10% incoming healing to your group for 10s

2. +3% healing ballad buff

3. healing skills build up a buff and at maximum stack you can use a "powerful" heal

4. a % of bolster courage become an group heal (not a huge amount)

5. grants a skill that makes your next healing skill crit 100% chance

6. Rally (sucks its this far in)

7. +100 healing to Chord of Salvation

Traits in tree

+ critical healing mod 25%, +outgoing healing mod 15%, healing crit 5%, bolster courage healing 20%, chance to refund power at cost of more power per cast 125% power cost, - skill inductions 20%, ballads stack up a +healing bonus to coda up to 15% 30% chance, Criting with resonant piercing cry unlocks an extra aoe heal 20% healing on crit, chord of salvation grants a fellow HoT, Unlock improved Song of the Hammerhand 15% magnitude, every critical heal -skill induction 20%TS unlocked, -8 incoming damage buff (group wide) on coda, healing skills can reset cry/calls 30%, Unlocks Legend of Helm Hammerhand

Now I know what your thinking, but healz this trait tree sounds AWESOME, but think of it this way the bubbles are really low and provide no help whatsoever, a few of these traits are -skill inductions (what are we hunters?) and the power regain on heal skills the % of that is so low its not worth adding a 125% power cost to all your heals. Another thing is that the last trait Legend of the Helm Hammerhand its a group bubble (we stole RKs group bubble) but its only a 1k bubble, and at the end it only heals 390 morale :/

Now for this build the really only viable one I can think of is to skip the bubbles, the - skill inductions, and the odd resetting calls and cries. The only time you should spend points on these is so you can get to the traits beyond them. Rest of your points spend in the protector of song for inspire fellows healing tact mastery and anthem  of composure for power

*edit* The "powerful" heal you get from the bonuses is called perfect ending, its a single target heal for base of 3.1k-4.4k (these # are based on my current live gear)

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Last one Protector of Song, our buffing line

1. Perfect ballad will restore a small amount of power

2. the break on damage for invocation of elbereth (fear) is now 3s not 1s

3. Story of courage will remove 2 of each deboff (poison,fear,wound,disease) one for the group, and the 2nd on your target

4. Improved call of 2nd age, -10% induction -10% attack duration

5. Grants tale of tales gives buffs based on stance

6. Song of aid (nothing changed from live)

7. You can have 3 anthems at once

Traits from tree

-anthem CD 10s, Anthem of composure granted, improv inspire fellows -20% power cost +20% healing -3% incoming damage buff, +anthem duration 10s, +tact mastery 680, +echoes of battle damage/resistance 60% damage 612 resistance, Hero's strike increase healing/damage 30%, Echoes of battle has a -crit defence buff, ballads stack up to give outgoing healing/damage for coda up to 2.5% healing and 1.5% damage 30% chance, ballads critting witll reset all versions of piercing cry 2.5% ballad crit chance, piercing cry grants a short term damage reflection (gives 343 parry and 15% reflect for 12s on 10s cd), +408 tact/phys mastery to helm of hammerhand, Change of pace (to weird to explain, will do so in detail at bottom), +2 gift of hammerhand targets, improv coda of melody +incoming healing from coda 10%, ballads give buffs to fellow (details at bottom), Call of greatness (improved version from live)

Now the ballads giving buffs to your fellow is called perfect performance, and depeding on which ballad you use, its a certain buff to the group. Major ballad gives up to 1.5% outgoing healing, minor ballad gives 1.5% tact damage, and perfect ballad reduces skill costs by 1.5% all fellow wide

This trait tree is odd at best, weird traits and even weirder on how you want to build it, so far the only thing i have done is mix it with blue line crit healing and crit chance from red line :/ sorry I cant go into much detail, this line confuses me.

Ok now change of peace is the most awkward thing in the whole game, I swear to LOTRO gods. Damaging skills have 25% chance to make your next healing skill 100% crit (at max rank) and vice versa.  The absolute wierd thing is that if you have your healing crit chance (meaning your using damage skills) and you proc a healing skill to crit your damaging skill, the previous proc goes away. What makes it even worse is that this tree revolves around the new harmony stance, melody (which is what the "no stance" is called :/

And lastly

Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

And now are the "passives" from each specialization

Proof virtues are not going away (Was a letdown for me QWQ)

To re specialize it costs in game currency and no bards are needed, heck class trainers are not needed anymore either. The only thing bards do is sell instruments that anyone can use. To be able to use the bonuses from the trees (not the passives, the ones on the side) you need to have the trait slots unlocked, so no if you bought them they did not go to waste. Legendary traits do not exist anymore as well, but you should have kept the TP you have for doing them. The class deeds still exist in a way, but they give you more points for you trees and TP instead of a specific trait and TP

Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Legacies:

Main-hand Major

Name Min Max
Anthem duration +1 +10
Call of Oromë damage +2% +20%
Healing Skills induction time -1% -10%
Piercing Cry damage +2% +30%
Rally! cooldown -10 -300
Soliloquy of Spirit pulses +1 +14
Target Resist Rating (call to war skills) -1110 -1360
Triumphant Spirit cooldown -5 -120

Main-hand Minor

Name Min Max
Call of the Second Age targets +1 +5
Call to Fate critical multiplier +1% +15%
Call to Ioreth cooldown -1 -30
Minor Ballad damage +2% +30%
Perfect Ballad damage +2% +30%
Still As Death cooldown -5 -120
Target Resist Rating (Invocation of Elbereth) -1110 -1360

Class item Major

Name Min Max
Anthem of War damage (physical) +2% +10%
Anthem of War damage (tactical) +1% +5%
Bolster Courage healing +1% +10%
Healing and Motivation skills morale healing +1% +10%
Healing Skill Power Cost -1% -10%
Inspire Fellows healing +1% +10%
Raise The Spirit healing +1% +10%
Target Resist Rating (ballads) -3220 -3380

Class item Minor

Name Min Max
Anthem of Composure (resistance) +1240 +1304
Anthem of Composure (tactical mitigation) +1304 +1368
Chord of Salvation cooldown -1 -5
Cry of the Chorus cooldown -5 -120
Dissonance Stance Swap Buff +1% +9%
Echoes of Battle resistance rating debuff +1304 +1368
Hammerhand Skills Bubble Magnitude +1% +25%
Target Resist Rating (songs) -1240 -1304

Removed skills:

• anthem of the free peoples
  • anthem of compassion
  • song of subdual
  • song of restoration (song of courage takes its place)
  • song of soothing
  • symphony of the hopeful heart
  • noble cause
  • tale skills (toggle skills)
  • call to the fellowship
  • call of earendil

Nerglor
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

quick change, we are RKs!!!!!!!! 3k ballads and 12k call to fates

Ihealzyou scored a devastating hit with Call to Fate on the Uruk-hai for 12,260 Light damage to Morale. 9 lvls higher

Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

that's promising!

Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Nerglor wrote:

quick change, we are RKs!!!!!!!! 3k ballads and 12k call to fates

Ihealzyou scored a devastating hit with Call to Fate on the Uruk-hai for 12,260 Light damage to Morale. 9 lvls higher

Not just minis, its seems everyone is hiting insanely hard, i hit almost 10k with dev blow with my cappy earlier -.-

Squishy

took me 6 days into helms deep before i realized IDENTICAL ANTHEMS NOW STACK pretty fun to stack 3x anthem of war for +54% physical and +30% tactical damage or 3x anthem of the third age for 0,1s inductions on all your healing skills lololol

Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

already looking forward to play with my minnie...

Linlon
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

philmar wrote:

took me 6 days into helms deep before i realized IDENTICAL ANTHEMS NOW STACK pretty fun to stack 3x anthem of war for +54% physical and +30% tactical damage or 3x anthem of the third age for 0,1s inductions on all your healing skills lololol

OMFG

Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

My minnie is a DPS monster... am red traited for leveling... and it ROCKS...

Cry of the wizard - low CD - and it hits like a mule... The other day i had hits or around 12k5~13K a target and i can hit 8 at once... That is one attack... Godlike OP DPS with heals thrown in as well...

We should seriously consider doing a minnie only Deeping wall raid...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Minstrel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: