Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Hunters

Tinudraen wrote:
Bethollind wrote:
<p>Couldn't keep one-shotting her could i wink</p>

You're evil! And I interrupted you and stunned you, you wouldn't have had enough time to one-shot me.

You were bad-ass when yellow traited !
And dont forget i wasnt 95 geared - you had 3K morale more and not even speaking of your mits/crit/agi counters... wink

Tinudraen
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Bethollind wrote:
Tinudraen wrote:
Bethollind wrote:
<p>Couldn't keep one-shotting her could i wink</p>

You're evil! And I interrupted you and stunned you, you wouldn't have had enough time to one-shot me.

You were bad-ass when yellow traited !
And dont forget i wasnt 95 geared - you had 3K morale more and not even speaking of your mits/crit/agi counters... wink

That's besides the point >.>

Leerrrooooy

No mention of fixing RoA reset in the notes

Currently doesnt work with oils and as soon as you use imp focus.

Speaking of crit- the new jewelry set bonus is op! Got the token last night(20% crit) and despite not proccing permanently(seems to have cooldown,havent tried aoe) it still boosts crit abnormally high during sustained fights; 47% crit with proc solo meaning well over 50% in group settings on top of the already very high innate bowmaster crit percentages. Didnt check/confirm cd duration yet

lololol
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Had some consistent 21-23K Upshots yesterday... way better then what i had before - but still long way off from Pat's monster Upshot...

Tin has done a 29K3 upshot - so that is also massive...

How did you boost yours to 50k Pat ?

I have around 51K PM - 13K finesse - 11k5 crit.
Only 2 - 3 95 armour pieces and 2-3 juwelry that need a major upgrade...

Still the difference is huge (x2) with your upshots - or did you upgrade to the Upshot on Steroids with the ingame shop ?

I did not use burn hot or focus potions pulling mine. Was either from camouflage - imp focus - upshot OR just plain upshot with 9 focus in middle of battle.

Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Most of my upshots generally hit anywhere from 22-38k without being buffed by other classes. I did get a massive 46k in big battles againsts a poor orc.
That 50k againsts a Lieutenant I was buffed well over 60k pm and just around 309% outgoing damage behind my upshot.
Though I always buff my burn hot whenever I can for extra 25% crit mult and 13% damage. Alsp, if you are not using strong draw, your focus skills (PS,Upshot,mercy,RoA too I think) are doing 20% less damage.

After a certain range, it all comes down to raw pm and overall outgoing damage. Unbuffed im sitting at just over 54k mastery and around ~27% crit. A SA spear will boost it to 55k unbuffed. 1 platinum left and I get a reward, hioping gold for another pm boost.

Self Buffed I sit at around55.8k and overall 195% outgoing damage minus 53% possible from burn hot and lately ive gotten to make use of set trapfor extra 15% damage.

Currently trying to see if I can get ~80k+ in peak with 430% outgoing. I was able to get 40k at 85 with HS so this is totally possible.

lololol
Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

So um, this happened earlier and I couldnt stop laughing for like 10 minutes

Forum Image

Sorry :P

lololol
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

./bow to BowMaster Pat

did an upshot of about 32K yesterday... getting nearer to yours... untill i saw your last post wink

What is your sustained DPS against a boss ? Got single target DPS of approx 2k8~3K DPS yesterday for 1~2 minutes fights in mirk skirms.

Have a combo of red/blue now. Got the Blue strong draw and the legacy that adds additional focus in precision stance - i can almost continuously spam PS.

Focus keeps building to such a rate that using upshot middle of fights becomes a part of my rotation (i try only to use upshot with 7-8-9 focus points available - consuming them all for maximum damage bonus).

Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Hmm..

Depends what boss fight and theclasses in my group. Not really sure in general..i can parse next time. If you have strong dpsers in group, your avg will be much higher. Highest ST ive ever gotten on a boss fight longer than 10 sec was in peak.

I stay precision then switch str for upshot and mercy(3 focus or less). They are devastating with +30% damage behind them. (I trait 3/3 mercy with 10% legacy for +40% crit mult)

Btw, strong draw boosts upshot dmg by 20%. I think mercy too

lololol
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Gonna try the strength stance boost as well with upshot.

Have Strong draw maxed (is blue line -but wanted the +20%)
Didnt bother with mercy - rarely use it - use 2x penetrating instead.

What i did notice in groupings is the INSANE dps champs can put out now - blowing hunters away with their AoE dps. One champ linked an average 20K DPS AoE attack for a mob...

With only Rain of Arrows that sometimes resets and most times doesnt reset - AoE is not something we can sustain now as a hunter... unless close up with low cut... but even then...

Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Mercy hits hard. With +30% from str and +40% crit mult, ive been getting 20k+ though I only use it with 3 focus or less.
Doubt hunters will ever come close to champ aoe now. I gave most champs a run for their gold in aoe dps before-no longer the case. Though champ ST pretty much doesnt come close to hunters/fire rks.

In long fights, 2+minutes I would probably get out dpsed by a good fire rk.
In the hunter forums, RKs are parsing ~9k dps over 1min againsts 75 dummies. I need a few 40k+ upshots and well over 50% crit rates to get 9k+..
Not impossible(can prob hit 10k dps with lucky chains) but def harder. Thats againsts 75 targs with no mits/crit def/resists etc. againsts 95 targs might be diff story. Hunters will still be top burst. All fights these days are burst anyway.

Oh yea...and bomantankz (warden) out dpsed me in a sambrog zerg once /cry. He parsrd like 6.8k where I had 6.5k.. Since the fight is only like ~12 sec or so, whoever gets lucky devs wins.
But warden dps is bugged like crazy atm. Bleeds ticking harder than my pen shots.... Unmitigatable damage(light) and since wardens & hunters use the same oils, guessing hunters are affected as well..but then I shoulda been hitting harder as well.....maybe thats how I got a 141k unmitigatable hit :P idk...

Im assuming upshot is phys source tact damage and different since its damage is not applied via bleeds that can(and might) act differently againsts mitigations sincea phys source applied where as upshot is direct damage. Have to check if all our light type damage is 100% tact damage or still physical..

I have lost my chain of thought..... Why arent there boars in Evendim again? And why did the chickens run through the hedge maze????

lololol
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

LOL...

Pat - i only use light oils - if i use anything at all these days...
Rarely use breechfinders either... just not worth it in most instances...

If you use it - what do you use ? Light or fire or a mixture ?

Beth.

Patriotpea
Officer
Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Always light+ on level breachfinders.

The light oil miss chance debuff is better than a fire DoT, specially for grouping. I dont even have fire oils...

lololol
Bethollind
Bethollind
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

I am not fully end-gear equipped....

My bow isnt fully specced - juwelry and armour bonusses all done yet...

Yet these pictures show what kind of dps is possible with a good huntersetup these days...

First picture is the Fornost water instance - AoE DPS - 1 minute 37seconds into the fight - average DPS well over 10K DPS...
Forum Image

2nd is more burst - almost 26K DPS during 12.4 seconds
Forum Image

Apparently the single target DPS picture i had taken wasnt taken - it showed sustained single target DPS of about 5K+ DPS on another boss in this fornost instance...

I can only imagine that Pat's numbers will be quite a bit higher...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Hunter All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: