Site Inactive
JOIN US - Be part of the MaDnEsS!!!
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Helm's Deep - It Is...

Update 12.0.1 Release Notes - Official

Epic Battles

• Players are no longer directed to buy Helm’s Deep if they already own it.
  • Localization – French and German Epic Battle text is now in French and German rather than English.
  • Mac Client – Many Rendering issues on the Mac have been resolved.
  • Fixed a client crash that would occur on 32-bit Operating Systems.
  • Helm’s Dike 6-man – ‘Invisible walls’ have been removed.
  • Deeping-Coomb – The secondary quests “Prepare to Fall Back” and “A Pillage Denied” have been enabled.

Housing

• Housing now accepts unique items to be placed in storage. You may now open your storage.
  • Please note, items lost will not be replaced with this hotfix. They will be returned to you at a later time.

Lore-master

• The “Don’t Interrupt me” Trait is now absorbing and reflecting the appropriate amount of damage.

Warden

• Some effects were erroneously stacking up and firing off after mounting/dismounting or performing other actions. This should no longer happen.

Known Issue

• Any players who have purchased the Helm’s Deep offer on the Store from the time we launched Helm’s Deep until we hotfix on Friday will not receive the Hauberk of the Hammerhand chest cosmetic or the Enforcer of Helm title on characters that have not logged in during that time frame.

Leerrrooooy

It was like this in all the betas....and in the same places to :D are you glad they rushed to get HD out?

Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had *real* tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!
Spamwise
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

Nerglor wrote:

It was like this in all the betas....and in the same places to :D are you glad they rushed to get HD out?

I'm not glad, but I'm not unhappy. Been loving it so far.

Glass Cannon

There havent been much game breaking things, except the memory leak on some areas.. Mostly for me is helms deep.. And its pretty much laggiest place for me.

I mostly solo quests so I usually do every quest wich says solo/small fellowship and sometimes fellowship. Well today my method is proven wrong. Theres one Wb on westfold that sayd "raid" on the quest screen, I nearly declined it when I see the troll coming, it had 70k morale and 4 normal trolls with 30k morale, like are you serious!? Is that raid content??

Or then it was just a bug, who knows.. theres one cool wb raid wich i want to do someday, she has nearly 1mill morale + minions Happy

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Well besides that epic battle in the caves, which does resemble beta stage (too many bugs) I have yet to encounter any major bugs. Quests are getting fairly better, but from 85 to 87 I swear I never did that many errandas -.- did a epic battle raid and lagged my ass off in it ofc, still those are fun to do with other people. Overall nothing really new in questing, not loving, not hating, but end game might be a bit to repetitve with the same raids/instances...

Glass Cannon

this is kinda offtopic to the subject but, is there any Li guides? I clearly have no clue whatsoever about building epic Li's :E

Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

yes - an LI guide with the new legacies ...

think that will come around in a few weeks.

Also - i would love to see more detailed guides to the HD instances. Sometimes a sidequest pops up - and we have no clear clue what to do.

eg : We played Dyke yesterday - and i set the horses free on the stable side-quest. Apparently that fails the quest... bummer....

eg : Did the 3rd HD one(forgot name - the one where the wall is breached). Side quest is to look in the rumble. Spam and i did this - and for some unknown reason - while we had gold already in the quest marker - the quest failed ? We were like WtF !!!

Also - what is best in a duo / 3man - 6man : all go for the sidequests or leave one to "keep the fort"... what strategies are best....

There is a hell of a lot to learn

B.

Hayburn
Officer
The Undying

The Undying

You can see all big battles objectives and side objectives inthe new panel. Select a battle and point at the medals, it shows quest details.

Inz, isuppose the player guides have lists of available and new legacies. Check the links to them under class forum, hope it helps for now.

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Hayburn wrote:

You can see all big battles objectives and side objectives inthe new panel. Select a battle and point at the medals, it shows quest details.

Inz, isuppose the player guides have lists of available and new legacies. Check the links to them under class forum, hope it helps for now.

Hey Hay,

i know - but reading doesnt tell you where it is and how to get there... Glimering caves is a maze...

What the best strategy is to complete the objective - if or when to split the group up...

And when to stay on catapults or go to help defeat incoming waves in the general objective.

Yesterday with deeping wall - i stayed on the cata and decimated the enemies - killed a lot that way -these dont climb the ladders anymore... is this good or waist of time...

Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

Bethollind wrote:

yes - an LI guide with the new legacies ...

think that will come around in a few weeks.

Also - i would love to see more detailed guides to the HD instances. Sometimes a sidequest pops up - and we have no clear clue what to do.

eg : We played Dyke yesterday - and i set the horses free on the stable side-quest. Apparently that fails the quest... bummer....

eg : Did the 3rd HD one(forgot name - the one where the wall is breached). Side quest is to look in the rumble. Spam and i did this - and for some unknown reason - while we had gold already in the quest marker - the quest failed ? We were like WtF !!!

Also - what is best in a duo / 3man - 6man : all go for the sidequests or leave one to "keep the fort"... what strategies are best....

There is a hell of a lot to learn

B.

The dike sidequest is to protect the horses, I think the release system is if the horse is badly beaten you could set it free to not get the horse killed, but dunno if its any better than dead :D

the 3rd Hd bb (wich name i cant remember either ) was to look for the ruble and protect it, i think you failed it because they blew the rubble/loot enough, sometimes in the rubble theres a tnt instead of the loot/rohirrim so check carefully when searching, you can disable the tnt Happy

to "Glimering caves is a maze..." Its pretty simple, the map shows where the battle is and sidequests as well, sure there is some side paths and other sidequest locations where you could get "lost" but after 2-3 play thrus its pretty simple map :P and fun also

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

I still think epic battles are failry bugged, me and Eom also failed that rubble side quest for same reason, other failed cause the battle ended before all the mobs we needed to kill came up the wall, caves also really bugged... Still a lot to improve imo.

Also has melee its incredbly annoying at times as we can barely touch mob, spend most time chasing them, tried one with RK and it was really fun...

As for what to do, its a learning process, requires some thinking and strategy imo, once all bugs are corrected i think it might be fun to do with a lot of ppl, but yeah that cave needs a map i think. 

Also by the time i reached 95, did all the quest, geeked insided Helms Deep fort i got the feeling this is a incomplete expansion, besides jewellery theres no armour set (that i know of), nothing to aim for...

The Undying

Hildorth wrote:

I still think epic battles are failry bugged, me and Eom also failed that rubble side quest for same reason, other failed cause the battle ended before all the mobs we needed to kill came up the wall, caves also really bugged... Still a lot to improve imo.

Also has melee its incredbly annoying at times as we can barely touch mob, spend most time chasing them, tried one with RK and it was really fun...

As for what to do, its a learning process, requires some thinking and strategy imo, once all bugs are corrected i think it might be fun to do with a lot of ppl, but yeah that cave needs a map i think. 

Also by the time i reached 95, did all the quest, geeked insided Helms Deep fort i got the feeling this is a incomplete expansion, besides jewellery theres no armour set (that i know of), nothing to aim for...

There are so many variables to that rubble quest that I'm not sure if it's bugged or we were just missing something, either missing a pile, or failing to protect the injured rohirim found within.

Melee dps can be a nightmare, i started playing vanguard too which feels futile half the time as it's hard to kill the mobs.  Also it's impossible to stay in combat meaning fervour doesn't go up and several skills can't be used.

I thought there was an armour set? that OP one you were linking?

I do enjoy it though, still haven't finished landscape quests, nor done all the battles but I'm fairly satisfied with it.  Depends how quickly the fun of being chronically OP wears off.  In the battles it kind of works as DPSs never enough, it's tactics that saves the day, but in the old content it's a bit silly. Was hitting 20k DPS in school, that's madness.

The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Yeah - that OP thing for some classes... others not so much...

Didnt pull aggro once on turtle yesterday to a certain champ wink

Used to be able to pull from tanks unless they were really ontop of it.

Didnt had high dps numbers anymore either - was 1850 dps on turtle... QQ

Some key features in my hunter build are out of reach now. No more Penetrating shot spamming... no more burn hot for extra damage for 20 secs... Yes they build it in the trait tree- but it isn't there anymore.

From what i hear - cappy - minnie - champs got real tangible damage boosts - hunters didnt.

Guess 2 out of my 3 end-game toons isnt to bad but my favourite one didnt get it.

QQ

Hmmm... i sound like Jas...

Note to self : look down and smile :-)

IguanaMama
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

is glad after yesterday im not drinking my coffee when i read the look down and smile .. lmao

The Undying

Bethollind wrote:

Didnt pull aggro once on turtle yesterday to a certain champ wink

I actually cheated, I was using challenge, it's not an aggro generator but an actual force pull.  Also, not to imply you're not the best hunter around but I did lose aggro, but it was Tin that took it ;D.

Page 5 of 6

Jump to: