Ulthanfric
Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

re: Vanguard

Vanguard

Rank 0

This is the Vanguard UI

Once you spend points into one of the traits you have access to kill streaks and the benefits of the trait bonuses and skills you have selected. You spend killstreak points to utilize your killstreak skills on the left hand side of the UI. Your selected effects on the right hand side of the UI will trigger upon each trigger event unless they are on cooldown.

These are the different defeat effects.

These are the different Killstreak Skills.

Rank 1

Able to use Demoralizing Shout Killstreak skill.
Able to use Invigoration Recruit Defeat Effect.

Rank 2

Able to use the Simulating Loss Hero's Defeat upon your death and Eye for an Eye Soldier Defeat Effect.

Rank 3

Able to use the Enfeebling Cry Killstreak skill.
Able to use the Motivating Fall Hero's Death effect and the Serrated Recruit Defeat Effect.
Hero's death effects also have an increased duration.

Rank 4

Able to use the Galvanizing Defeat Hero's Death effect and the Rejuvenation Soldier Defeat Effect.
Have a chance to refund half the Killstreak spent to trigger a Killstreak skill.

Rank 5

Able to use the Piercing Road Killstreak skill.
Able to use the Fleetness Recruit Defeat effect.
Have a chance to refund all the Killstreak spent to trigger a Killstreak skill.

Rank 6

Able to use the Stunning Bellow Killstreak skill.
Able to use the Inspiring End Hero's Death effect and the Entrenchment Soldier Defeat effect.
Increase to the area of all Killstreak skills and Hero's death effects.

The Undying

Has anyone made Vanguard work?  In my experience it's just horrible, kill streaks just don't go up and the attacks seem largely unnecessary, especially in the face of the other two things.  Wondering if there's ever a use for it...

The Almighty Pro

Spamwise wrote:

Has anyone made Vanguard work?  In my experience it's just horrible, kill streaks just don't go up and the attacks seem largely unnecessary, especially in the face of the other two things.  Wondering if there's ever a use for it...

I tried it on RK, on cappy I couldn't get KS to go up, on RK it does very slowly but I find no use at all for vanguard, not as much as I do for engineer and officer.

The Undying

Spamwise wrote:

On my cappy in beta I got Vanguard working with just ten points in the tree. Spent the points on increasing Killstreak maximum amount and a few good looking skills. You have to have a max of three Killstreak points before you can use a basic damaging Vanguard skill, which you use on the special Vanguard UI bar. The skills will say how many KS they will consume and you get more KS by, guess what, killing mobs :D It's pretty simple once you get enough points spent in the tree.

Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

Vanguard would be pretty good if turbine ever decides to fix the moving dot on Eb's...

The KS works like "finishing blow" on pvp, so pretty much if you finish the enemy down, you get KS. For minstrels its pretty easy to gain KS as we have atleast 4 multiple target skills to work with, wich deals pretty high damage.

Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

Inzz wrote:

Vanguard would be pretty good if turbine ever decides to fix the moving dot on Eb's...

The KS works like "finishing blow" on pvp, so pretty much if you finish the enemy down, you get KS. For minstrels its pretty easy to gain KS as we have atleast 4 multiple target skills to work with, wich deals pretty high damage.

Logical,

Minnies as mainstay DPS AoE in groups...

LMAO

Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

Bethollind wrote:
Inzz wrote:

Logical,

Minnies as mainstay DPS AoE in groups...

LMAO

Just example Happy Didnt suggest that minis would be mainstaying dps :P I just dont know other classes that well to refer to any other class ability to gain easy KS.

Officer
The Almighty Pro

The Almighty Pro

The joke wasnt on you Inzz,

minnies have insane AoE dps... WAY more then my hunter... What were they thinking *facepalm*

Inzz
Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon

I agree with that Happy

*way too tired to think better post, probs gonna go have a couple hour nap..*

Leerrrooooy

Leerrrooooy

Kinnie champ runs vanguard and adds cant even spawn. In raids, you put vanguard champs where adds spawn and everyone else can stack engineer stuns around sidequests and nothing outside of the big bosses should reach targets. And mini dps is stupid high atm... Aglaeka linked a 38k dev on a target...wtf That doesnt even make sense for a class that can solo full heal the entire fellow

lololol
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Massive Dynamics Forum Index -> Epic Battles All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: